The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Health & Wellbeing leap bsc at Wolverhampton

Hi is anyone starting the Health &Wellbeing leap course Sept 16, or has anyone previously done the course. If anyone knows anything about the course all advice welcome.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm starting sept 2016, haven't heard anything from the uni yet though.
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi good to hear from you, since I have accepted my offer there has been no more information from the uni. I'm just so impatient, thanks for your response
Hi there, Just finished the leap year, you have two assignments to write one presentation on word to do and then your pebble pad which is a cv basically, nothing to worry about at all really good course this then leads you nicely onto the degree of nursing hope this helps
Original post by mmmurphy
Hi is anyone starting the Health &Wellbeing leap course Sept 16, or has anyone previously done the course. If anyone knows anything about the course all advice welcome.

What? You're doing a course you know nothing about? Shouldn't you have researched before applying for the course??
Reply 5
Original post by daniellewright4
Hi there, Just finished the leap year, you have two assignments to write one presentation on word to do and then your pebble pad which is a cv basically, nothing to worry about at all really good course this then leads you nicely onto the degree of nursing hope this helps

How did you get on progressing onto your nursing degree? Was the process quite simple? :smile:
Reply 6
Hi I hope all goes well on your chosen course. Thankyou for advice really appreciate it.
Reply 7
daniellewright4 hi could you give me your email please?
Reply 8

hello I'M starting the leap Jan 2017 and i really want to ask you more about the course , im going for the fulltime could you please pm me. many tanks in advance.
What is a leap course? I've never hear this expression before.
Reply 10
I've just had an unconditional offer for Jan 18. Year one entry. Does anyone know what year one entry is?
Reply 11
Hey I'm starting in Jan 2018 too and I'm sooo nervous for
Hey guys I'm starting the leap course in Jan 2018 but the uni haven't given me the timetable yet or any information on my start date should I email the uni or? Help I'm confused /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I’m starting too jan 18 have you all sent off your student finance?
Hi everyone, I did the LEAP course last year,and I have started the Adult Nursing in September, were about 5 weeks in, and its been fantastic. A lot of hard work, but so worth it. The LEAP course was really good, and it does prepare you well. My advice is to use the services offered, esp The Gateway staff, who were fantastic in giving advice regarding interview tips. good luck to everyone x
I’m starting January 2018 too, part time! New courses such as ‘public health and foundation year’c, ‘health studies and foundation uear’ Etc have replaced it tho.. I’m just scared whether it’ll be a disadvantage being as we’re doing an old course
Hi, how did you get on transferring onto your nursing degree? I’m studying the leap at the moment but worrying I won’t get a place on nursing next year

Hi, how easy was it to
Transfer onto nursing after leap? I am currently studying the leap course but worried I won’t get a place on nursing for next year
Hi, I completed the LEAP course last Jan, and started the Adult nursing degree in September. It was an easy transfer really. UCAS, an interview, which you will get because your a LEAP student, and then hopefully a place. The tutors will give you guidance on when to apply. Also I suggest going along to the Gateway, who can help you with personal statement writing and also mock interviews. The staff there were great, big thanks to Oliver, who gave me two mock interviews. Good luck x
Original post by JR-22
How did you get on progressing onto your nursing degree? Was the process quite simple? :smile:

Thank you very much.

Quick Reply