Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do I have a chance of getting in to Ox/Cambridge with my GCSE results? They're far from outstanding so I'm just seeing whether it is worth even applying. Thanks guys:

A*, A, A, A, A, B, B , C, C

ReputationRep:
    Course?

You have a chance at cambridge if you do really really really really good at AS and then A2

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs are a drop in the ocean compared to your AS & A2 results, don't worry yourself too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Course?

You have a chance at cambridge if you do really really really really good at AS and then A2
    Law.... and I take it Oxford is a no chance?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by studentjjs)
    Do I have a chance of getting in to Ox/Cambridge with my GCSE results? They're far from outstanding so I'm just seeing whether it is worth even applying. Thanks guys:

Apart from Medicine, yes. Your GCSEs are not of huge importance for other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah oxford no chance (im sure they do that points system or is that just for medicine?), if you do very well at AS, then make an awesome PS showing your intrest then you have a chance at cambridge. Its worth a try

ReputationRep:

Did you finish your GCSEs this year? If so, how do you know your grades given that results day is in August?

ReputationRep:
    Don't lose heart with Oxford; I've seen one candidate get in with 1 A*, 1 A, 7 Bs and a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    Don't lose heart with Oxford; I've seen one candidate get in with 1 A*, 1 A, 7 Bs and a C

Nope, going into A2 but seeing the majority of Oxford students have GCSE results with at least 5 A* with 5 As minimum has made me feel like I'd probably be wasting my time. I just want to know what I have to do to get in! LOL
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Nope, going into A2 but seeing the majority of Oxford students have GCSE results with at least 5 A* with 5 As minimum has made me feel like I'd probably be wasting my time. I just want to know what I have to do to get in! LOL
    Correlation is not necessarily causation. Many people with top A Level and entry exam results will also have top GCSE results. If you can do well at A Level and any entry exams then that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    hey, don't stress. you should be asking whether or not oxbridge is good enough for you! these results are still exceptional, and if you want to apply for oxbridge - who is stopping you? you won't know unless you try.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    You have posted in the Cambridge forum.

Also, Plagioclase has your answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    hey, don't stress. you should be asking whether or not oxbridge is good enough for you! these results are still exceptional, and if you want to apply for oxbridge - who is stopping you? you won't know unless you try.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    You have posted in the Cambridge forum.

Also, Plagioclase has your answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is Plagioclase?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    What is Plagioclase?
    Who, not what. Say hello to Plagioclase:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Correlation is not necessarily causation. Many people with top A Level and entry exam results will also have top GCSE results. If you can do well at A Level and any entry exams then that's fine.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    What is Plagioclase?
    Plagioclase

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.