Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's mainly my poltics i'm worrying about at the moment, all my other AS subjects are fine, but it really does lower your self esteem and makes you think your just going to fail all of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    but wouldn't that show on your certificate that you had re-taken your module, does that not limit your university aplications or does it not make a difference, just the grade that counts?
    Ah, this is a bit longwinded - but here goes:
    I'm a bit confused by this part, I don't think you have to put down your AS-level grades if they are not certified or if you decline them. Otherwise, you should put them down.

Universities will not know that you have resat modules if you don't put your AS-grades down on the UCAS. Even if you have put them down, and resat modules - you can inform the unis to which you have applied of your present grade (if it has improved, this can only be a good thing).

I think that the most important thing is your predicted grades though.

ReputationRep:
    It's mainly my poltics i'm worrying about at the moment, all my other AS subjects are fine, but it really does lower your self esteem and makes you think your just going to fail all of them
    Don't worry too much, everyone always thinks they've done much worse than they have. I thought I had failed all my GCSEs, but things turned out well. I'm findsind my ASs hard too, but you just have to do your best and wait until results day. At least we have the chance of resits, and our uni place doesn't depend on getting these grades. Good luck with all your exams

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel - I've got economics coming up soon and I did really badly on a mock for it. If I were you though, just forget about the uni stuff for now, because it's all too much to think about! All you can do is try your best, anxiety is a bit counterproductive.

Don't worry atm about UMS, uni stuff, retakes etc. that will be drummed into your head by the school after exams and for most of next year, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Computergeek)
    thats a good plan, for my D in english at AS it was 177 so what do i need to get inorder to get a C at A2??

please help, im desparate
    to get a C at A2 you need 360/600. that means you need 183 points in your A2 level, which is a (low) C. think you can do that? just be confident, i'm sure you can! if you're confident in one module more than another then maybe that can pull it overall, if you see what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    but wouldn't that show on your certificate that you had re-taken your module, does that not limit your university aplications or does it not make a difference, just the grade that counts?
    you can decide whether or not you want ot declare an AS level on your UCAS form, and it's up to you whether you tell unis you are going to retake it. if you missed one off they might be suspicious. I was disappointed with one of my AS grades so i just mentioned in interviews that i was retaking a couple of modules, i got 5 offers so didn't seem to do any harm! i don't think i even put general studies on in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    to get a C at A2 you need 360/600. that means you need 183 points in your A2 level, which is a (low) C. think you can do that? just be confident, i'm sure you can! if you're confident in one module more than another then maybe that can pull it overall, if you see what i mean.
    Oooo that makes me feel much more confident, *Hugs* thanks, i reckon i could get a C, well, a low one anyways.

ta

ReputationRep:
    it is possible to go up in your A2 exams. overal I went up a grade in 2 subjects , stayed the same in one and went down in another. It was a major uphil struggle to improve grades for Spanish and History adn I wish i had actually done some work in the 12th year but after a hell of a lot of work i did improve and did much better in my A2 exams than my AS ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    if you can find your AS certificates (the ones you got on results day) on the back it says how many marks you need for each grade boundary. It's then possible to work out how many marks you need this year to get the grades you want. for example i got AABBC at AS, and need ABB for uni. I only need to get CCD to get that, because of the points i have so far.
    Ah it all makes sense now. That means I need CEUUUU Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:

I was ill during yr 12 and got BCDE, but i got became well enough to continue my exams. I cashed in the C and ended up with BEE which sucked. I got 205/300 for the C, which was nearly a B that year (210 was a B which was disheartening). I'm doing a different exam board and resitting my 2E's from scratch now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Computergeek)
    Oooo that makes me feel much more confident, *Hugs* thanks, i reckon i could get a C, well, a low one anyways.

ta
    no probs, just revise hard but don't get yourself down about it! i find it's worse to keep trying to pretend i'm revising when i'm really stressed because i just keep getting things wrong and don't learn anything, so now i've learnt just to step back for a bit til i feel better!

ReputationRep:
    It can be done, I brought my C at AS up to a B through retakes and actually taking the exams seriously, brought my D up to an A in music through retakes and a different teacher, but my A in geog went down to a B, not entirely sure, but everyone went down so maybe it was the papers.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.