Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Im graduating in september Yay!
    But im unsure what I should wear. I found this dress, which i fell in love with after i tried it on, but i keep getting told it would be better for the ball rather than the ceromony. I though somthing more dressy would be better suited for the ball?
    So is that okay, or would somthing else be more appropriate, if so what kind of styles, cut ect. should i look for

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by lawrice)
    Hi guys

But im unsure what I should wear. I found this dress, which i fell in love with after i tried it on, but i keep getting told it would be better for the ball rather than the ceromony. I though somthing more dressy would be better suited for the ball?
    So is that okay, or would somthing else be more appropriate, if so what kind of styles, cut ect. should i look for

Thanks
    I think that dress is fine for the ceremony!

ReputationRep:
    That's such a lovely dress, I'd wear that for the ceremony and as you said, something more "gowny" for the ball!

Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Thanks
    personally I would go for something more classic and classy given its for a graduation .. like I'd go for a nice lace white dress but thats just up to me !

ReputationRep:
    It's a really pretty dress you should definitely wear it.

Hi guys

Thanks
    It's so gorgeous! I say it's perfect for the ceremony! Hurry and buy it now if you haven't already though as it looks almost out of stock.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! I was just in the store looking for it, but its not there anymore so I grabbed it online

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Thanks
    That's a lovely dress! I'm not sure how it'd look at a graduation ceremony. For my graduation ceremony, I wore a black dress with lace on the shoulders which was over the black material rather than see-through. I think there was lace elsewhere too. If I'd gone to a Graduation ball, I'd have worn something bright, pretty and dressy - yours is lovely. I think you should wear what you like and are comfortable in though x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love this dress! Just make sure it isnt too short..you do have to sit down and I was very concious of my dress being too short, I was forever pulling it down which can be annoying! It is lovely though Hope it looks as nice in real life!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.