Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Corbyn is utterly useless and needs to just give up and resign. He has zero support from his own party and doesn't appeal to swing voters. However the current potential alternatives to him are very weak. In my mind there is only one man who can win a general election and that is Tony Blair.
    Blair was very good to my family and was an economic genius, its no coincidence the economy was booming under him and living conditions were far better than they were now, further supported by his no nonsense attitude to racism. He is still incredibly popular among the population despite his reputation being constantly smeared by the far right and noone wins general elections better than he does. He also wouldn't put up with any of this Brexit nonsense and would either give us a second referendum or just get parliament to block it. Yes I know he made a bit of a mistake in Iraq but first of all the world is a safer place without Saddam Hussein and while the occupation was a bit of a mess to be honest we all make mistakes and it simply shows he's human, which could be a positive in campaigning.

With Jo Cox's tragic death, there is a vacancy in the house of commons and labour has yet to select someone to stand for this seat. I think Blair should do it, so then he can challenge and beat Corbyn for leadership.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. After this referendum, the kaleidoscope has been shaken. The pieces are in flux. Soon they will settle again. Before they do, let us re-order this world around us.

So to those who say we can't reverse Brexit, I say this.

They said Labour was always bound to lose, it wasn't.

They said you couldn't have a party that combined compassion and social justice with an understanding of the modern economy and the needs of business, you could.

They said we couldn't end decades of trouble in Northern Ireland, we did.

We need regime change. But regime change alone is not enough. Its time to be tough on Brexit. Tough on the causes of Brexit. Tough on the causers of Brexit and those that harbour them. Their poisoned ideology cannot be allowed to threaten the free world.

To those that want to oppose the second referendum I say, the train is leaving. I want you on that train, but it is leaving anyway.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh::lol:

ReputationRep:
    I agree absolutely. Blair is the greatest prime minister we ever had, and he is passionate about the EU. Corbyn was a closet brexitere, his brother was for Brexit, his close aides voted Brexit. He was sabotaging the remain campaign the whole time.

Corbyn is a fascist and has to go. Blair left office with a proud record, he should resume his position

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Jeremy Corbyn is utterly useless and needs to just give up and resign. He has zero support from his own party and doesn't appeal to swing voters. However the current potential alternatives to him are very weak. In my mind there is only one man who can win a general election and that is Tony Blair.
    Blair was very good to my family and was an economic genius, its no coincidence the economy was booming under him and living conditions were far better than they were now, further supported by his no nonsense attitude to racism. He is still incredibly popular among the population despite his reputation being constantly smeared by the far right and noone wins general elections better than he does. He also wouldn't put up with any of this Brexit nonsense and would either give us a second referendum or just get parliament to block it. Yes I know he made a bit of a mistake in Iraq but first of all the world is a safer place without Saddam Hussein and while the occupation was a bit of a mess to be honest we all make mistakes and it simply shows he's human, which could be a positive in campaigning.

With Jo Cox's tragic death, there is a vacancy in the house of commons and labour has yet to select someone to stand for this seat. I think Blair should do it, so then he can challenge and beat Corbyn for leadership.
    Blair also did a lot for Muslims and Eastern Europeans. As these groups are now targets,we need Blair back to give them state rights and protections

ReputationRep:
    :wtf:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.