Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Normal or not? Watch

• View Poll Results: Should i stay with him?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    1. My boyfriend was full on staring at another girl when we were on holiday and denied it. When we got back home I eventually got him to tell the truth and he told me he was and he remembered what she was wearing so he wasn't doing it subconsciously. He also knew I get sea sick and didn't comfort me at all. He seemed to be enjoying the "view' too much ( we were on a boat ). But when I made it clear that he was staring and I was getting upset- and even the girl he was staring at knew he was staring because she was looking at him- he said "what the ducks is wrong with you". Well I was clearly upset. I don't know what to do because I know that it's fine to look. I look and I'm pretty surea most people do, but when it gets to the point of staring and being more interested in them, it gets a little out of hand. Since we've been back in haven't been able to get it off my mind ( we've been back 2 weeks) but he said he doesn't know why he does it and that he knows he was being disrespectful. I don't know what to do. Please help. We've been togethet for just over three years

ReputationRep:
    It's not uncommon for people in relationships to look at (or check out) others, especially after a few years but only you can assess the situation. Also if you're still young (which I'm assuming you two are) then it will perhaps be more common than you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamess8300)
    It's not uncommon for people in relationships to look at (or check out) others, especially after a few years but only you can assess the situation. Also if you're still young (which I'm assuming you two are) then it will perhaps be more common than you think.
    I'm only upset because he knew be was doing it and he could tell that it hurt my feelings. I felt like he was trying to make himself look better and i felt likehe was distancing himself from me. It was supposed to be me and him not him and other women. He hardly looked at me and rarely interacted with me until they were out of sight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katevladinkov)
    I'm only upset because he knew be was doing it and he could tell that it hurt my feelings. I felt like he was trying to make himself look better and i felt likehe was distancing himself from me. It was supposed to be me and him not him and other women. He hardly looked at me and rarely interacted with me until they were out of sight.
    As I say, it's up to you to assess the situation. If he was distancing himself from you then I understand why you are feeling insecure of the situation at the moment. If it was just a simple fact of looking at a girl (or checking her out) then fine but if he has changed the way he behaves with you then I understand why you raise the question. Just comfront him, clear the air then see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    You're really making this out to be something more than it is. It's like someone in a relationship saying they think David Beckham is really hot, I mean it's not like they're ever gonna get with them in the same way your boyfriend wasn't ever gonna get with this bird he was looking at.... Surely you've looked at guys and thought oh he's nice or whatever like idk just try and put yourself in his shoes and stop worrying about it - he was honest about it as well so not like he's trying to hide it

ReputationRep:
    I think it was maybe just a bad day. Make it clear you didn't like it, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    You're really making this out to be something more than it is. It's like someone in a relationship saying they think David Beckham is really hot, I mean it's not like they're ever gonna get with them in the same way your boyfriend wasn't ever gonna get with this bird he was looking at.... Surely you've looked at guys and thought oh he's nice or whatever like idk just try and put yourself in his shoes and stop worrying about it - he was honest about it as well so not like he's trying to hide it
    But he was trying to hide it. He only told me because i was going to break up with him. I am perfectly fine with him looking at other girls but when he doesnt care about how i feel-especially when I'm sick from being on the boat (which i only went on because he wanted to) is when I feel he is being disrespectful. How would you feel if your girlfriend didnt take any regard of how you were feeling and kept staring at her when you're upset?

ReputationRep:
    I'm only so desperate for answers because just after i broke up with him because i was getting too stressed, he booked another holiday for next year and i still csnt choose wether to pay and go or not

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.