Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I started drinking at about 18:30 and I finish at midnight in total I had half a pint of beer 2 cans of cider 2 cans of pimms a glass of 9% wine 2 Bacardi and cokes and a gin and tonic which I shared with someone. I'm camping and need to leave by 12 at the latest will I be ok to drive??

Yes I mixed my drinks mixing really doesn't effect me

ReputationRep:
    I thought the title was asking whether you'd be OK to drive by the AGE of 12 and I was like "Whaaaaat?!" :lolwut:

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    drink water before you sleep and when you wake up, get some fresh air and something to eat in the morning and have lot's of chats with your friends to get it around your system and sounds like you might be ok.

If you don't feel like you should drive at 12 then you need to be sensible and do something about it.

I too thought the title was misleading!

ReputationRep:
    12 am or pm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceWhoMusic)
    So I started drinking at about 18:30 and I finish at midnight in total I had half a pint of beer 2 cans of cider 2 cans of pimms a glass of 9% wine 2 Bacardi and cokes and a gin and tonic which I shared with someone. I'm camping and need to leave by 12 at the latest will I be ok to drive??

Yes I mixed my drinks mixing really doesn't effect me
    You should be fine, but your liver might be a bit unhappy
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by nucdev)
    I thought the title was asking whether you'd be OK to drive by the AGE of 12 and I was like "Whaaaaat?!" :lolwut:

:lol:
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just drink lots of water, you should be fine. Going to T in the park I presume OP?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ScienceWhoMusic! I'm of the opinion that every human body works differently. It all depends on your weigh, your height, if you are used to drink alcohol or not and etc. But for the majority of people, usually, the time you have so that alcohol can lose its effect (not to detoxify your body, but to get you sober again) is between 8 and 12 hours after you drink and it is even more effective if you spend those hours sleeping. But, again, as far as I’m concerned, if you know your body can’t handle this so maybe you shouldn’t drink too much if you know you are the one driving.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.