Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think I may have mentioned it a while back but I'm still worried!

I've got my uni place, accommodation, funding it's all set.

But I'm so worried about my occupational health! I've got seizure disorder & epilepsy and as much as I've searched the Internet I've struggled to find any information or posts outside of America. Whilst I think its control and I know my condition very well and put in place life style choices that help control it on top of meds my last seizure was November and I failed my occupational health not long after on grounds of seizures. My biggest concern is that it's still being investigated to an extent so maybe the uni/ oh will think well it's uncertain so no.
    Over come so many hurdles to get to where I am so the last one is terrifying particularly after failing one last year!!! I know it's probably a small change but anyone else who suffers from epilepsy or a seizure disorder???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagio)
    I think I may have mentioned it a while back but I'm still worried!

I've got my uni place, accommodation, funding it's all set.

But I'm so worried about my occupational health! I've got seizure disorder & epilepsy and as much as I've searched the Internet I've struggled to find any information or posts outside of America. Whilst I think its control and I know my condition very well and put in place life style choices that help control it on top of meds my last seizure was November and I failed my occupational health not long after on grounds of seizures. My biggest concern is that it's still being investigated to an extent so maybe the uni/ oh will think well it's uncertain so no.
    Over come so many hurdles to get to where I am so the last one is terrifying particularly after failing one last year!!! I know it's probably a small change but anyone else who suffers from epilepsy or a seizure disorder???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey Swagio long time no see! How you doing ahah. Looking forward to RGU? I don't think I'll be going this September unfortunately.. from my experience will health problems with RGU they'll be nice enough to not push you away because of it, from my other uni occupational health with my problems they just contact you to gather more information. By law they can't discriminate anyway and have to put in relevant support for you, so I seriously wouldn't worry about it. My mum knows someone who's got epliepsy who did adult nursing as she was just fine, like you it was under control for her as well, all what they did was contact her after they assessed her to gather more info, she also had to get a doctor notes to send just to support her application. ..

I wouldn't worry about RGU and occupational health are nice enough
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm worried cus I 'failed' last year. So I know it's very possible to 😔

Sucks about rgu! Did you find another uni or just change ur mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No nothing to do with that, my mitigating circumstances about my surgery before my exams and how the teacher 'forgot' to give me the rest of the material for my sociology exam so I was not ready for the exam then it turned out what she didn't give me was on the exam... so I don't think I've got my grades. ..but due to the exam boards knowing about my mitigating circumstances and RGU knowing. .. I'm sure it'll be fine...

And bless, I'm sure it'll be okay, just fill the form in and take it from there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    No nothing to do with that, my mitigating circumstances about my surgery before my exams and how the teacher 'forgot' to give me the rest of the material for my sociology exam so I was not ready for the exam then it turned out what she didn't give me was on the exam... so I don't think I've got my grades. ..but due to the exam boards knowing about my mitigating circumstances and RGU knowing. .. I'm sure it'll be fine...

And bless, I'm sure it'll be okay, just fill the form in and take it from there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's so bad! U shouldn't not get in just because of that esp if it's not your fault and you're able to do the degree!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagio)
    That's so bad! U shouldn't not get in just because of that esp if it's not your fault and you're able to do the degree!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know, I just really really hope RGU see around the bad grades and let me in, the amount of information they've been given about my circumstances is unreal as they constantly asked it so hopefully they'll be slightly more lienent on the grades. . They seem really supportive.. and overall I'm so annoyed though, I really regret my surgery and I regret pretty much every decision related to health issues and uni this year... just want to get into uni but..don't know if that's going to happen this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.