Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am terrified of failure and i hate not understanding everything ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    how do I become more open to challenges and adaptive to FAILURE ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im.a.witch)

If you want to become successful then failure must be your best friend

ReputationRep:
    My philosophy of life is this, "One should strive to maximise their outcome in the future".
    This implies a lot of things. First of all, it doesn't matter whether you succeed or fail, as long as you do the best you can possibly and achieve the best you can possibly achieve.
    Secondly, it doesn't matter what happened in the past, and it does't matter where you might be heading, as long as you know you're doing your absolute best.
    Thirdly, it's normal to feel bad about failure, but the sooner you get back to trying to maximise the positive outcome in the future, the sooner you feel happier.

(Original post by oShahpo)
    My philosophy of life is this, "One should strive to maximise their outcome in the future".
    This implies a lot of things. First of all, it doesn't matter whether you succeed or fail, as long as you do the best you can possibly and achieve the best you can possibly achieve.
    Secondly, it doesn't matter what happened in the past, and it does't matter where you might be heading, as long as you know you're doing your absolute best.
    Thirdly, it's normal to feel bad about failure, but the sooner you get back to trying to maximise the positive outcome in the future, the sooner you feel happier.
    I disagree. If you were kicked in the head by a horse or Chuck Norris and become a dribbling retard as a result, your future wont be all that great.

Some logic applies regards to where your heading (to or from space in a dodgy rocket). Apart from that I agree with what you said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    I disagree. If you were kicked in the head by a horse or Chuck Norris and become a dribbling retard as a result, your future wont be all that great.

Some logic applies regards to where your heading (to or from space in a dodgy rocket). Apart from that I agree with what you said.
    Well yea of course it materially matters, but my point is that what's happened has happened, don't try to change it, only look for the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)

This actually helped me so much thankyou😰

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im.a.witch)
    Yep, same.

The only way is to force yourself to pick yourself back up and carry on. Stewing will only bring more failure.

Also, it's never failure if you learn something! For example I got EEUU in my AS levels 2 years ago BUT I learnt that I should start revision earlier, attend more lessons and push myself. Now I'm sitting waiting for A2 results. Don't get me wrong I'm still terrified of failing and very nearly didn't go to some of my exams but I forced myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.