Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I've decided to do an English degree, but whilst at a Leeds University open day I was enticed by their English and Theatre course (single honours). I've always loved theatre and worry that I'm not quite ready to give it up yet. Would an English and Theatre course be far less valuable than a straight English degree?
    Thanks for any help in advance!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by drowninginwork)
    So I've decided to do an English degree, but whilst at a Leeds University open day I was enticed by their English and Theatre course (single honours). I've always loved theatre and worry that I'm not quite ready to give it up yet. Would an English and Theatre course be far less valuable than a straight English degree?
    Thanks for any help in advance!
    If you wish not to give it up you could do either 2 things: Just go for the straight degree and join a society that focuses on theatre, drama, acting or performance art. Or the other option is to do English and Theatre.

I don't think it would put you at a weaker position to that who had a straight English degree.

I think you should just look as whether what type of theatre the course will offer. Some it will be about the historicism and theory of theatre and drama. While some would be more about the performance and physical aspects of theatre. See which one it is, it might be both and see if it is beneficial to your life and career outside of uni.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.