Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so the AR questions are sometimes gettable in this book, but otherwise are SO hard (like legit unsolvable)compared to Medify or the Pearson Student toolkit thing
    Will those kinds come in the official test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dakshsaksena)
    Okay so the AR questions are sometimes gettable in this book, but otherwise are SO hard (like legit unsolvable)compared to Medify or the Pearson Student toolkit thing
    Will those kinds come in the official test?
    I had some easy and some really hard ones on my test. One thing I realised when I was preparing though is that sometimes the difficulty is not actually in the relationship but in how you look at it. In other words you need to look at it the right way. But there are even some simple ones I could not get. What matters is that you train you brain to look at all the various possibilities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKCATrocks)
    I had some easy and some really hard ones on my test. One thing I realised when I was preparing though is that sometimes the difficulty is not actually in the relationship but in how you look at it. In other words you need to look at it the right way. But there are even some simple ones I could not get. What matters is that you train you brain to look at all the various possibilities

Okay cool thanks, how much did you get btw?

ReputationRep:
    VR:750
    QR:710
    AR:690
    As you can see AR is not my strength and I did find that the exam was harder than the official practice questions on the UKCAT website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKCATrocks)
    VR:750
    QR:710
    AR:690
    As you can see AR is not my strength and I did find that the exam was harder than the official practice questions on the UKCAT website.

You practiced from ISC and the official practice questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dakshsaksena)
    You practiced from ISC and the official practice questions?
    Yes, from the ISC1000Q book (ie the updated version from the 600Q book). And then did the questions on the official ukcat site. I only started my prep 3 weeks before the exam and so I didn't really have the time to do more than that. And I wanted to get it done early to avoid the stress of having to wait all summer to take it. I wanted to do Medify but the problem is that it doesn't have all the new style AR questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.