Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Google Chrome won't launch sometimes? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

For the last couple of days, I've noticed that Google Chrome isn't launching every time I click on it. I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago, but Chrome continued to work perfectly after that, so I don't think it's to do with that.

Now, when I click on the Google Chrome icon, the blue loading circle appears, but either Chrome doesn't launch at all, or it takes a few minutes before the window opens. But, even when the window does open, Google won't load (I have my homepage set to Google). The page becomes unresponsive and I have to open up another site instead, which often works fine, although may take a little while to load.

Does anyone have any idea why my laptop has suddenly taken a dislike to Google Chrome and Google? Apart from upgrading to Windows 10 a while back, I haven't done anything different or changed anything as far as I'm aware. I'm having to use Microsoft Edge instead now, which I really dislike.

Please help me guys! And thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Try reinstalling chrome (basic, generic advice, I know but it does fix problems like this quite often)

ReputationRep:
    Probably a windows 10 problem itself, in terms of bugs the operating system is still pretty bad. I had the same problem so switched to Edge and i'm actually enjoying using that browser now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Elmo)
    Probably a windows 10 problem itself, in terms of bugs the operating system is still pretty bad. I had the same problem so switched to Edge and i'm actually enjoying using that browser now
    Thanks! Do you know if there's a way to get Edge to remember your tabs when you close them, like the 'Recently closed' feature in Chrome?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Thanks! Do you know if there's a way to get Edge to remember your tabs when you close them, like the 'Recently closed' feature in Chrome?
    Haven't tried it so i wouldn't know myself but there might be some way to do it, just not sure how sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Elmo)
    Haven't tried it so i wouldn't know myself but there might be some way to do it, just not sure how sorry
    Okay no worries! I had a look but I don't think it's possible unfortunately

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.