Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Contract WILL be imposed on junior doctors, says Jeremy Hunt watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do we need to impose this contract when we have £350m/week now going to the NHS????????

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/750688835722420224

ReputationRep:
    Because it never really existed. And if it did its unlikely to be spent on staff pay.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I still support the doctors. Hopefully they will continue to stay strong.

ReputationRep:
    Contract, noun, from the Latin, "a drawing together".

ReputationRep:
    Correct decision in the circumstances, I don't really see what other options there would be. We can't have a dispute dragging on and on.

ReputationRep:
    just about had enough of every single politican/MP in this country tbh. This capitalist society. .. *sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I still support the doctors. Hopefully they will continue to stay strong.
    I second this.

What an extra special shitbag for announcing this when the Chilcot report came out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Because it never really existed. And if it did its unlikely to be spent on staff pay.
    Again ******* dr's holding the ill ransom out of greed. They didn't like the last contract, now they don't like this one. Sack every ****, let them leave for another country to work (as they keep threatening) bring in new worthy and grateful dr's from abroad who'll take the contract and serve the patients with all they deserve!

****ing *******s!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY;[url="tel:66294992")
    66294992[/url]]Again ******* dr's holding the ill ransom out of greed. They didn't like the last contract, now they don't like this one. Sack every ****, let them leave for another country to work (as they keep threatening) bring in new worthy and grateful dr's from abroad who'll take the contract and serve the patients with all they deserve!

****ing *******s!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is a despicable pile of pus here. Not the doctors, mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    I second this.

What an extra special shitbag for announcing this when the Chilcot report came out.
    Maybe because it's the day after the result of the BMA contract vote...

People would complain too if the Health Secretary wasted time, causing further uncertainly as to what their plans are.

ReputationRep:
    Conveniently burying the news today

ReputationRep:
    Of course they will impose it now, based on the Union endorsement and the low turn out. And if they want to opposite it they need to be up for a serious escalation of their industrial action. I'm not sure it's warranted, much as I hate the Tories..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY;[url="tel:66294992")
    66294992[/url]]Again ******* dr's holding the ill ransom out of greed. They didn't like the last contract, now they don't like this one. Sack every ****, let them leave for another country to work (as they keep threatening) bring in new worthy and grateful dr's from abroad who'll take the contract and serve the patients with all they deserve!

****ing *******s!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure what you do for a living, but probably a better bet to sack you first.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It was inevitable.. I wouldnt be surprised if he tactically waited till just after Brexit to do it when people are distracted.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Why do we need to impose this contract when we have £350m/week now going to the NHS????????

1) You are correct that is it wrong for Jeremy Hunt to impose this contract to junior doctors, he has been ignoring them time after time and refuses to listen.
    2) The £350 million per week figure going to the NHS is incorrect. Currently we do spend £350 million per week on EU membership but once the UK formally leaves the EU, the entire £350 million per week sum is NOT going to be spent on the NHS, the money will also go elsewhere. As a #Brexit supporter I NEVER believed Farage and Vote Leave on the £350 million per week to the NHS claim, that claim was utterly misleading and was obviously wrong. That on the other hand, doesn't change my views on the EU though and let's not talk about that.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible news. Read his comments and the sheer audacity of the man is staggering. He acted like not making the contract harsher was something he should be praised for. Utter chaos. I really worry this government knows the future is looking bleak so is just going to do whatever it likes from now on. **

(Original post by JTran38;66327656 *2) The £350 million per week figure going to the NHS is incorrect. Currently we do spend £350 million per week on EU membership but once the UK formally leaves the EU, the entire £350 million per week sum is NOT going to be spent on the NHS, the money will also go elsewhere. As a #Brexit supporter [b)
    I NEVER believed Farage and Vote Leave on the £350 million per week to the NHS claim, that claim was utterly misleading and was obviously wrong.[/b] That on the other hand, doesn't change my views on the EU though and let's not talk about that.
    The problem is though many did, it effected the referendum and as a result will impact all our futures (likely negatively) and they got away with it with zero consequences. No, if you have to hire a bus and paint it on in giant letters - it is not a mistake; it is deliberate lying.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)

Hunt is a lying shitbag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WW3IsComing)
    Hunt is a lying shitbag
    Oi :mad:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.