Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I study Mathematics with Management. I only passed my first year but I thought to stick through 2nd year. My results are topsy turvy but overall i've failed and need to resit two exams and a coursework, which were two statistics exams and a matlab coursework. However, in both my management modules I got B's.

I'm looking to hopefully retake 2nd year somewhere else, as my current university won't let me. And I want to either do my course again but as a joint honours so I don't have to study Statistics anymore and get more business modules. I'd also love if I could start Business management from second year whether it be at my university or somewhere as in the past two years I've done 4 business modules with 3 b's and 1 c.

Any advice on how I approach the options i'm looking for, and if they are viable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAmo)
    Any advice on how I approach the options i'm looking for, and if they are viable?
    Phone the Admissions Office of your potential preferred unis, explain your situation and ask them.* You will need to make sure that your first year modules were as close to your target unis' as possible. We can't tell you how viable your plan is - there are too many variables.

Your new uni will probably expect a reference from your current uni. If you're able to transfer, start thinking about who you will approach for a reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAmo)
    I study Mathematics with Management. I only passed my first year but I thought to stick through 2nd year. My results are topsy turvy but overall i've failed and need to resit two exams and a coursework, which were two statistics exams and a matlab coursework. However, in both my management modules I got B's.

I'm looking to hopefully retake 2nd year somewhere else, as my current university won't let me. And I want to either do my course again but as a joint honours so I don't have to study Statistics anymore and get more business modules. I'd also love if I could start Business management from second year whether it be at my university or somewhere as in the past two years I've done 4 business modules with 3 b's and 1 c.

If you end up having to start from scratch in the first year, do be aware of the student finance implications. If you have had two years already, you will not get full funding for a new three year degree. Just checking you are aware of this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.