Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished my GCSE's in which I am predicted B's in. For my GCSE's I did: Re, maths, English, science, additional science, photography, child development and history.

For my A-levels I am thinking of doing psychology, media studies. I was wondering what other options should I do with these and should I pick 3 or 4 options?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenleigh22)
    I have just finished my GCSE's in which I am predicted B's in. For my GCSE's I did: Re, maths, English, science, additional science, photography, child development and history.

For my A-levels I am thinking of doing psychology, media studies. I was wondering what other options should I do with these and should I pick 3 or 4 options?

Thank you
    Well that depends on what degree you wanna do and what you wanna be when you gradute. Also what subjects interest you and what your good at. You can do 4 A levels in your 1st year then drop 1, so your doing 3 A levels in your 2nd year.

ReputationRep:

Thank you
    Maths and Geography.
    Maths as it is an objective subject and thus is easier to revise for and Geography as it is typically an easier A-Level but still respected.
    Note: Geography is changing spec next year so may change in difficulty.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    your description is vague. what do you like? what do you find ''easy''? have you got anything in mind for uni? if yes then its sensible to pick A levels that's going to help you achieve that.
    if you dont know then it's best to keep your options open and maths/Eng lit will keep that open along with your two choices already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamLuxa)
    Maths and Geography.
    Maths as it is an objective subject and thus is easier to revise for and Geography as it is typically an easier A-Level but still respected.
    Note: Geography is changing spec next year so may change in difficulty.

Is maths difficult at A-level? And which maths are there is a statistics one and another one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grimm Reaper)
    Well that depends on what degree you wanna do and what you wanna be when you gradute. Also what subjects interest you and what your good at. You can do 4 A levels in your 1st year then drop 1, so your doing 3 A levels in your 2nd year.

I don't know what I want to study in Uni so I am just picking subjects that I think I will enjoy. Can you pick 4 and drop one in all colleges?

ReputationRep:
    If you're unsure of what career you'd like it's best to go for well liked subjects by unis. History or English would be good. And yes you are allowed to drop a subject if you start off with four

ReputationRep:
    Is maths difficult at A-level? And which maths are there is a statistics one and another one?
    Maths is relatively easy if you have an interest in it. You just need to work throughout they year, doesn't really work if you cram for it.

I find it my 2nd easiest subject (Easier than physics and psychology; harder than geography).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.