Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Apologies in advance if this is an incredibly stupid question.
    I've been accepted onto a masters course which starts in October, and have just applied for the postgraduate loan to cover the course fees. Whether or not I'll be able to attend, however, is dependent on whether or not I have enough money aside from the loan in order to fund living expenses. So I was wondering whether it's possible to cancel an application even after it has been approved, if it's the case that I can't raise enough money aside from the loan. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsukurutazaki)
    Apologies in advance if this is an incredibly stupid question.
    I've been accepted onto a masters course which starts in October, and have just applied for the postgraduate loan to cover the course fees. Whether or not I'll be able to attend, however, is dependent on whether or not I have enough money aside from the loan in order to fund living expenses. So I was wondering whether it's possible to cancel an application even after it has been approved, if it's the case that I can't raise enough money aside from the loan. Thanks!
    That's a good question, I'm wondering the same! Also does your university accept the tuition fees in instalments because apparently they are paid from the loans company in instalments?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    That's a good question, I'm wondering the same! Also does your university accept the tuition fees in instalments because apparently they are paid from the loans company in instalments?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad I'm not the only one wondering that! At Cambridge, it depends on the college and my college makes us pay the tuition fees up front, which is annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsukurutazaki)
    Glad I'm not the only one wondering that! At Cambridge, it depends on the college and my college makes us pay the tuition fees up front, which is annoying.
    At ucl they allow us to pay tuition in two equal instalments, one in sept and one in feb. The loan gets paid to your bank account and not to the uni. Slight problem for me is that i think the first loan inflow will come in after the tuition fee payment date in sept.

I'm pretty sure you can cancel the loan as long as you haven't received any of the money yet? I know we have to sign a declaration so maybe we cant cancelled it once signed. Not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.