Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm kinda concerned whether I understood things properly, so I decided to ask here other applicants and current students. Soo in the site of the University of Kent was said that accommodation offers will be sent mid-August, but isn't that a little bit late? I mean friends of mine (applying at Uni of Manchester and Kingston Uni) already received their accommodation offers. And yeah...does someone know something more about it or I misunderstood.

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Most universities will handle accommodation once a student has had their place confirmed.

I was at Kent last year and stayed in Tyler court (go for Turing if you can) and they dealt with the accommodation offers after results day which would make sense as they know who's in. This is the same with Lancaster also.

So no worries don't think your friends got offers unless the place is confirmed in which case the university knows they're a student next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgezy)
    Most universities will handle accommodation once a student has had their place confirmed.

I was at Kent last year and stayed in Tyler court (go for Turing if you can) and they dealt with the accommodation offers after results day which would make sense as they know who's in. This is the same with Lancaster also.

So no worries don't think your friends got offers unless the place is confirmed in which case the university knows they're a student next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your answer.
    I received in fact my unconditional offer, because I'm an EU applicant and already received my exam results.
    I applied for 2 rooms in Turing and 2 in Keynes, so we'll see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misha97)
    Thank you for your answer.
    I received in fact my unconditional offer, because I'm an EU applicant and already received my exam results.
    I applied for 2 rooms in Turing and 2 in Keynes, so we'll see
    Gap year student here, also have an unconditional offer and I hope I get Turing! I've applied for all three Turing accommodation types as my first, second, and third choices

ReputationRep:
    If youve applied for turing firsr choice as an unconditional youll certainly get it

Lived there until june this year was the best year of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninelies)
    If youve applied for turing firsr choice as an unconditional youll certainly get it

Lived there until june this year was the best year of my life
    Thank you! You really got my hopes up!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.