Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Correlation between confidence and attraction Watch

Ok, I'm a guy and I don't hold really high standards of women when it comes to looks. Because I'm 17 I'm kinda picky I suppose because I can afford to be at my age, but a girl I don't find all that attractive can instantly become someone I'm thinking about all day if we click. I have a crush on a girl, I like her for everything, both mentally and physically and I think if I'm confident when I ask her out we can click and maybe become an item but I'm always perceived to be the shy guy, so if I turn on my confidence that I know I have will it make me appear more attractive and a more viable potential partner or are you just attracted to who you're attracted to? Opinions welcome!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, confidence is a desirable trait for almost everybody. People who desire the exact opposite tend to be abusive people who like to take advantage or are simply deluded about what poor confidence entails for a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, confidence is very attractive!!! If you are perceived as shy and you know you are confident then change the way you act
    around her before you ask her out. Let her see you being confident interacting with normal daily life..... then confidently ask her out. She may or may not say yes but you are right.... confidence is sexy and if not this girl then the next one will appreciate a self assured man.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.