The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RachelRachel1990
Yes that email, haven't heard anything from them yet. If my other 2 choices hadn't sent their emails so soon it wouldn't have bothered me as much. Oh well, I guess it's all just a part of the medical school wait! 🤗🙈

I haven't had confirmation from Warwick either. Have heard from the other three.
That's true, but I hate waiting as well!! I'm wondering if they've got a bit of a backlog because quite a few people seem to have applied on the final deadline day. I'm assuming you've checked your spam folder? I'd maybe give it till the middle of next week and email to ask. Where else have you applied for?

Original post by RachelRachel1990
Yes that email, haven't heard anything from them yet. If my other 2 choices hadn't sent their emails so soon it wouldn't have bothered me as much. Oh well, I guess it's all just a part of the medical school wait! 🤗🙈
Original post by Quilverine
No, if your work experience doesn't meet their threshold/criteria you won't get an interview. They are pretty clear about what they want and the time frame they want it in :smile: Start gathering the evidence now though because you will need to provide it at the interview & some supervisors can be slow to respond to reference requests or go away over christmas.

Thank you very much!

Original post by Marathi
I think as long as you meet the required work experience you should get an interview. Although I don't know if they ask for reflection on your work experience at this time... Have you received a request asking for a submission of work experience already?

Nope haha! I was just wondering for future reference if I am lucky enough to get asked for work experience details!
Original post by eemooz
Last year I met the quota of 70 hours and was still rejected prior to interview. I think they look at the quota alongside your ukcat, as mine was only 695 with no masters, so I think I was going to get rejected based on ukcat anyway but passed the initial VR screening, hence got the work experience form. So in short, getting the work experience form and having the 70 hours does not mean automatic interview - from my experience anyway

Oh okay! I am so sorry to hear that as 695 is such a solid score, I have 693 so I'm on the edge of my seat too! Thank you for the info.
Reply 324
Original post by NewVivacity
Oh okay! I am so sorry to hear that as 695 is such a solid score, I have 693 so I'm on the edge of my seat too! Thank you for the info.

Original post by bmd2
Do you have a masters? I got the same score and can't stop myself checking stats everyday lol can't stand waiting!!

hiya, i know the lowest ukcat they accepted was 692.5, and this was from someone who has a masters.
Have either of you done a masters? this may improve your chances.
Also the UKCAT mean this year went down about 10 points which should help everyone :smile:
Reply 325
I'm currently in my first year studying for a 2yr masters but have applied this year anyway. I will have a PGcert at the end of the year but think they only consider post graduate qualifications that are Masters or PhD!

Did that person have less than a 2:1 at degree level?
I'm applying too! got 1st in Geophysics (just) and 747 in UKCAT - but i' really worried about my verabal score (590) :/ got 770 in QR and 880 in AR so thankfully they dragged my scores back up! What do you reckon my chances are with that VR score?
Original post by bmd2
Do you have a masters? I got the same score and can't stop myself checking stats everyday lol can't stand waiting!!

Nope, no masters! Final year undergrad student over here haha, just gotta hope for the best!

Original post by eemooz
hiya, i know the lowest ukcat they accepted was 692.5, and this was from someone who has a masters.Have either of you done a masters? this may improve your chances.Also the UKCAT mean this year went down about 10 points which should help everyone :smile:
Yep, the decrease in the UKCAT average nationwide has me hopeful!
Still haven't had an acknowledgement from Warwick; I have checked my junk folder and nothing there either. I emailed Warwick to make sure that everything was ok and I haven't heard anything from that either. The sum result is that I have irrationally decided that Warwick has thrown my application in the bin and just don't want to tell me.
Original post by Medici103
Still haven't had an acknowledgement from Warwick; I have checked my junk folder and nothing there either. I emailed Warwick to make sure that everything was ok and I haven't heard anything from that either. The sum result is that I have irrationally decided that Warwick has thrown my application in the bin and just don't want to tell me.

Give them a ring, they're really good on the phone :smile:
Original post by Marathi
Give them a ring, they're really good on the phone :smile:

I think I may have to, if only to stop my imminent nervous breakdown (which ideally I would prefer to save until later in the process!)
Original post by bmd2
I haven't either if it makes you feel any better! I stalked last years thread and a lot of people who were UK residents didn't get one. I've checked track and it's definitely still on there being considered so I just figured it was one of those things! I applied on the 14th so I guess a later application might have something to do with it maybe?

It does, thank you. I sent mine on the 13th so you may be right.
Since interview offers go out in December, I'm assuming they have to contact us sometime November to fill out the work experiences form. I know UKCAT scores are going out this week but when do you think we'll hear from Warwick?
Original post by neuralgal
Since interview offers go out in December, I'm assuming they have to contact us sometime November to fill out the work experiences form. I know UKCAT scores are going out this week but when do you think we'll hear from Warwick?

I received the email about work experience on 27th November last year. Spend the next 4 weeks being calm. Good luck!
I received the email about work experience on 27th November last year. Spend the next 4 weeks being calm. Good luck!

Was the work experience form before or after the interview offer? I'm curious because as an international student, I was hoping Warwick would give more of a heads up so I could book a flight out.

So do we contact our places of volunteering around end of Nov? Or shall we do it before? I imagine the deadline for the work experience form is early Dec?

Please can you shed more light on this process? And when is the best time to calculate our hours and contact our volunteering places for references?

Many thanks!
Original post by neuralgal
Was the work experience form before or after the interview offer? I'm curious because as an international student, I was hoping Warwick would give more of a heads up so I could book a flight out.

Original post by carbon_
So do we contact our places of volunteering around end of Nov? Or shall we do it before? I imagine the deadline for the work experience form is early Dec?

Please can you shed more light on this process? And when is the best time to calculate our hours and contact our volunteering places for references?

Many thanks!

The interview offer came a few weeks later. And I had kept a running record of experiences as I went. Half my references were just on headed paper from their organisation and covered all the generic details of a placement but Warwick do send you a covering letter you can forward to your referees. I personally think it's best to get your reference/confirmation letter on the final day of placement or very soon afterwards. Just keep them in a portfolio.

As a general rule you need:
-Official letterhead
-Departmental contact details
-Confirmation of hours and dates
-Activities you did
-Some feedback on performance
The interview offer came a few weeks later. And I had kept a running record of experiences as I went. Half my references were just on headed paper from their organisation and covered all the generic details of a placement but Warwick do send you a covering letter you can forward to your referees. I personally think it's best to get your reference/confirmation letter on the final day of placement or very soon afterwards. Just keep them in a portfolio.

As a general rule you need:
-Official letterhead
-Departmental contact details
-Confirmation of hours and dates
-Activities you did
-Some feedback on performance

How long of a window did you have to complete the work experience form? It's just experience within the past 2 years that is relevant correct?
Original post by Marathi
How long of a window did you have to complete the work experience form? It's just experience within the past 2 years that is relevant correct?

Yup, they just want experiences within the past two years.

Do you think we should list everything in the past two years or just what gets us to the 70 hours?
My current job is working as an HCA in mental health do I need proof from that do you reckon or is it enough to say I do it and give contact details?

Latest

Trending

Trending