Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a mature student and have just completed my access course and have applied to study Occupational Therapy at Jordanstown in September 2016.

I got a conditional offer if i got an overall mark of 70% with 70% in each level 3 module. My overall mark was 76% with four level 3 modules with marks of 80%, 80%, 79% & 67%. I have been told because of that 67% that i have been placed in holding until A Level results come out.

Has this happened to anyone? What does being in a holding position mean for me? Does this mean I still have a chance of getting onto the course this year? I am so confused any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was placed in a holding position 15 years ago when I was applying. Simply means that they haven't made up their mind and need to see the results of the A level applicants and will compare your results to theirs. There is no way of knowing if you're in or not until the system updates in August.

I was off by 1 IB point in a subject, my firm choice did not accept me but my insurance did.

Do you have an insurance option? Have you considered clearing? There's a video on the UCAS website that explains clearing.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation as you Tracey. Mature, access student placed in holding. Hopefully we will find out this week. Good luck and I hope we both get in. There is a woman called Jennie who deals with admissions, she has kept me informed the whole time, she has been amazing.

All the best!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.