Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy there!!

I couldnt find any thread of this category, so i thought of starting a discussion myslef...

Anybody going this year??? Am kinda scared and excited!! What about you..??

P.s i hope somebody replies 😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ririal)
    Heyy there!!

I couldnt find any thread of this category, so i thought of starting a discussion myslef...

Anybody going this year??? Am kinda scared and excited!! What about you..??

P.s i hope somebody replies 😅
    Hey I'm doing Business Management this coming September. What about you? I've heard there are quite a few different business degrees.
    I'm scared ha, excited too of course. I've been told the business class is at southlands which is where i got my accomodation place. What about you? I'm hoping southlands has a lot of business students.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what day uni starts for first years? (not classes but like moving into your room etc and freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student167)
    Do you know what day uni starts for first years? (not classes but like moving into your room etc and freshers week.

18th of September!

You should have received like, almost a little pack a couple of weeks (?) ago with a booklet in

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get anything via post... I do remeber getting a booklet about business and roehampton which had student opinion on business at the uni. But that i mean that was like 3-4 months ago.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get anything via post... I do remeber getting a booklet about business and roehampton which had student opinion on business at the uni. But that i mean that was like 3-4 months ago.
    Oh really?! I think the one I received was more of one on Roehampton itself? Also, the moving in date should come up when you accept your accommodation (at least, I think so?)

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I will also be doing business management and have confirmed my room for southlands, can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm doing Business Management this coming September. What about you? I've heard there are quite a few different business degrees.
    I'm scared ha, excited too of course. I've been told the business class is at southlands which is where i got my accomodation place. What about you? I'm hoping southlands has a lot of business students.
    hey!, so am i doing the same course this year,and yes business is held at southlands , but i joined froebel ... all my rommies are dance students ...i just hope atleast one person turns out to a business student.

P.s sorry for the late reply.

ReputationRep:

I think it starts from 18th, as there are freshers party being held...not really sure, you can contact accommodation team.

ReputationRep:
    how many of you guys are international students ?? have you guys joined some groups on Facebook ??

there is a page for international students but even EU students can post!! and there are roehampton representatives and they responsive than emailing... ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1570055603215214/ )

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I guessing the colleges may be fairly mixed in terms of different people from different courses... the colleges didn't exactly advertise what course is taken place there (at least to my knowledge).. but then on open days im guessing people found out. I contacted the admissions team and there will be an information thing coming out around 23rd of august apparently.

Are there any current students on this forum? I'm just wondering what the sport teams are like... in terms of how good you have to be to join etc. Haven't played football for quite a few years but I'm keen to get back into it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I guessing the colleges may be fairly mixed in terms of different people from different courses... the colleges didn't exactly advertise what course is taken place there (at least to my knowledge).. but then on open days im guessing people found out. I contacted the admissions team and there will be an information thing coming out around 23rd of august apparently.

Are there any current students on this forum? I'm just wondering what the sport teams are like... in terms of how good you have to be to join etc. Haven't played football for quite a few years but I'm keen to get back into it.
    I'm a current student. Football can be a bit competitive. It's not my sport but I know that you have trials for it after signing up at freshers fayre. However, there are a couple of teams. I think it's Men's 1st and 2nd for Roehampton. Then Southlands, Froebel and Digby all have their own teams (you may have to live at that college to play but I'm not sure). Hope that helps.

There's groups on Facebook for all of the sports etc (or there should be). Just search for them.

Same goes for accommodation. Your flats will have web pages so if you join them, you'll be found by your flat reps.

Good luck and hope you all enjoy Roey!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    I am a current Business Student (I also run the Business Society), when I lived in halls (Digby), not a single person I lived with studied Business, and it was great. For me, I didn't want be seeing the same people day in day out, both in lectures and on halls. Having a range of friend who studies different things can be helpful.

(https://www.facebook.com/URBSociety/)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProppaNutty)
    Hey all,
    I am a current Business Student (I also run the Business Society), when I lived in halls (Digby), not a single person I lived with studied Business, and it was great. For me, I didn't want be seeing the same people day in day out, both in lectures and on halls. Having a range of friend who studies different things can be helpful.

Thats a fair point, are people kind of limited to your college in terms of making friends. I'm assuming people meet others doing societies and sports.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a fair point, are people kind of limited to your college in terms of making friends. I'm assuming people meet others doing societies and sports.
    You will meet different people, it's inevitable. Even if you don't join a society or do a sport, one of you friends will have a friend that studies something different. And in terms of colleges, you can freely walk around campus, I lived on Digby, but I had friends in every college, I spent a lot of time in Southlands.

ReputationRep:
    You will meet different people, it's inevitable. Even if you don't join a society or do a sport, one of you friends will have a friend that studies something different. And in terms of colleges, you can freely walk around campus, I lived on Digby, but I had friends in every college, I spent a lot of time in Southlands.
    Thanks thats good to know. Is there a library at south-lands? Just wondering if they have 1 big one for th whole university or 1 for each college.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks thats good to know. Is there a library at south-lands? Just wondering if they have 1 big one for th whole university or 1 for each college.

There is 1 big library, 3/4 floors, but I believe that the new building work going on, there is to be and additional study block. The library is within walking distance of Southlands/Digby/Froebel and its bit more of a trek if you are on Whitelands.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

hi! what all events would be held in the business society ? am planning to join it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.