Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I went driving with my mom and did pretty well. I then had a driving instructor and the first day he told me I was well above average. By the end of the second day he was telling me to look out as far as I could see, above the houses. I would try doing that but when turning I would go too close to the curb bc my subconscious mind would be thinking of the fastest way to get there and wasn't looking at the curb. He would keep grabbing me wheel every time I started to turn and wouldn't let me try myself. It was quite frustrating and I didn't want to go back. Today the whole lesson was terrible he kept telling me to look out as far as I could see and above the houses but that would cause me to lose sight of the curve I was turning into and I would cut it close to the curb. He would then yell at me saying I wasn't looking at above the houses, when I was, and told me I was looking straight in front of me at the curb and that's why I was going towards it. This was pretty frustrating because I wasn't, I was looking out above as far as I could see, but that was messing me up because I didn't see what was right in front of me when turning. He would keep yelling at me for not looking far out and that made me very nervous to turn because I did not want to get yelled at. (Not to mention it advertised help for nervous drivers) then when I finally told him I was looking far out he stopped the car and told me that I was lying to him and he knew I was looking straight in front of me and started yelling that it doesn't matter what I think I'm doing because I'm not listening to him. This made me very upset and every time I turned I was very very nervous of him so I continued to look far out and that did not work at all. He would start telling me how it was crazy I was going this close to the curb after that many hours of driving (it was 2 hours each day) and that drivers shouldn't be this terrible after that experience. That made me very upset as I was doing what he was telling me. I am fine with driving down straight roads it's just turning messed me up. After that lesson I feel defeated and like I am never going to get better. I just feel really terrible and like I was better before these lessons. He said I should talk to my parents about more lessons because of how bad I was and that I'm not ready to drive with someone else. I don't know I can't stop thinking about it and feel like I'm never going to get it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelle.d)
    So I went driving with my mom and did pretty well. I then had a driving instructor and the first day he told me I was well above average. By the end of the second day he was telling me to look out as far as I could see, above the houses. I would try doing that but when turning I would go too close to the curb bc my subconscious mind would be thinking of the fastest way to get there and wasn't looking at the curb. He would keep grabbing me wheel every time I started to turn and wouldn't let me try myself. It was quite frustrating and I didn't want to go back. Today the whole lesson was terrible he kept telling me to look out as far as I could see and above the houses but that would cause me to lose sight of the curve I was turning into and I would cut it close to the curb. He would then yell at me saying I wasn't looking at above the houses, when I was, and told me I was looking straight in front of me at the curb and that's why I was going towards it. This was pretty frustrating because I wasn't, I was looking out above as far as I could see, but that was messing me up because I didn't see what was right in front of me when turning. He would keep yelling at me for not looking far out and that made me very nervous to turn because I did not want to get yelled at. (Not to mention it advertised help for nervous drivers) then when I finally told him I was looking far out he stopped the car and told me that I was lying to him and he knew I was looking straight in front of me and started yelling that it doesn't matter what I think I'm doing because I'm not listening to him. This made me very upset and every time I turned I was very very nervous of him so I continued to look far out and that did not work at all. He would start telling me how it was crazy I was going this close to the curb after that many hours of driving (it was 2 hours each day) and that drivers shouldn't be this terrible after that experience. That made me very upset as I was doing what he was telling me. I am fine with driving down straight roads it's just turning messed me up. After that lesson I feel defeated and like I am never going to get better. I just feel really terrible and like I was better before these lessons. He said I should talk to my parents about more lessons because of how bad I was and that I'm not ready to drive with someone else. I don't know I can't stop thinking about it and feel like I'm never going to get it right.
    I would recommend a different driving instructor, everyone has some bad lessons I definitely have.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.