Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need some help, I got my nose done back in novmber, ( it was done over the last one had closed and the guy done it over scar tissue.) it is now july, and its still red and hurts like mad, I have never had this issue when i first got it done ( but it was a stud not a ring) due to the stud came out one night, I have been bathing it in hot water and salt, but still it hurts x.xI cant remove it due to its not easy to take out nor turn. I have other percings from the same place but never had this issue. Any idea's i can try, I really dont want to remove it all together as i like it
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I think you should wave the white flag and surrender. If it hurts that much it's better just to take it out and let it heal. But this is coming from somebody who's never been brave enough to have a piercing or a tattoo and probably has no idea what they're talking about

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't have got it with a ring for starters. Just keep cleaning it, cartilage piercings take an age to heal. Some of mine still play up 2+ years later*

ReputationRep:
    Why put yourself through such discomfort? Can't it be simply be moved to a different place where there is no scar tissue?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's happened because of the fact that he did it over scar tissue? The fact it's been like that for so many months is a bit of a red flag. Maybe you should actually see a doctor now instead of going back to a piercer. I got my nose pierced a year and a half ago and changed the stud to a ring about a month ago. I got a little red bump when I got the stud and healed it up nicely with some tea tree oil (could try that if you haven't yet?) When I changed the stud to a ring I ended up getting a little black mark around the hole and hot sea salt soaks seem to be doing the trick. Maybe you should try another remedy like the tea tree oil first and then if no luck defo go see a doctor and see if they can help- or you may have to take it back out and let it start all over again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Maybe it's happened because of the fact that he did it over scar tissue? The fact it's been like that for so many months is a bit of a red flag. Maybe you should actually see a doctor now instead of going back to a piercer. I got my nose pierced a year and a half ago and changed the stud to a ring about a month ago. I got a little red bump when I got the stud and healed it up nicely with some tea tree oil (could try that if you haven't yet?) When I changed the stud to a ring I ended up getting a little black mark around the hole and hot sea salt soaks seem to be doing the trick. Maybe you should try another remedy like the tea tree oil first and then if no luck defo go see a doctor and see if they can help- or you may have to take it back out and let it start all over again.
    That's a point. Maybe you just need some antibiotics. Seeing your GP may be a good idea

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.