Best Anime Poll - Spring 2016

Watch
Poll: Your favourite anime that aired in Spring 2016?
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu S2 (4)
5.63%
Boku no Hero Academia (20)
28.17%
Bakuon!! (3)
4.23%
Ushio to Tora S2 (2)
2.82%
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (7)
9.86%
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge (4)
5.63%
Bungou Stray Dogs (5)
7.04%
Flying Witch (2)
2.82%
Kiznaiver (6)
8.45%
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk S2 (2)
2.82%
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? (2)
2.82%
Mayoiga (3)
4.23%
Hundred (1)
1.41%
Sakamoto desu ga? (6)
8.45%
Big Order (2)
2.82%
Joker Game (2)
2.82%
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
With the Spring anime season now over, I was wondering which series was the most popular among TSR members? Obviously, I couldn't fit every single series into a poll, so I've tried to pick the shows that got the highest ratings and/or view counts based on info from Anime-Planet and MAL. Also, series that are still ongoing aren't included, hence no JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Re: Zero. They'll be in the Summer season poll, if I remember to do one. :p:

Vote for your favourite(s), and post your reasons (or angry rants that I left your favourite out of the poll) below~

AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
A three-way tie so far!

I guess I should practice what I preach and give my reason for voting Bakuon!! (and abusing my OP privileges by including it in the poll to begin with, over shows with more mainstream popularity :p:). I know next to nothing about motorcycles, and certainly can't ride them, but the characters' enthusiasm for their hobby won me over. The humour felt different to anything I've come across in anime before, and it was consistently good. I liked that they were able to get permission to not only name, but at times outright slander the four Japanese manufacturers (plus Ducati, randomly) - so long as at least one cast member was loyal to their brand, the others could say what they want. All this, and the final episode actually felt like an ending, something that's more unusual than it should be in a medium plagued with rushed conclusions and cliffhangers.

Regarding the other two that have gotten votes, I felt that both Bungou Stray Dogs and Boku no Hero Academia ended just as they were getting good. Both did decent jobs introducing their settings and characters, but the big villains only showed up briefly at the end. I personally would have preferred a run of 24-26 episodes to keep the momentum going, instead of having to wait for sequels.
Saeedpoppa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sakamoto desu ga for me. It was mildly fun to watch and actually had a conclusive ending. Everything else on that list was either dropped after a few episodes or not watched at all because they looked uninteresting. Also you forgot to include Space Patrol Luluco.
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Saeedpoppa)
Sakamoto desu ga for me. It was mildly fun to watch and actually had a conclusive ending. Everything else on that list was either dropped after a few episodes or not watched at all because they looked uninteresting. Also you forgot to include Space Patrol Luluco.
Conclusive endings are rare indeed. :sadnod:

As for Luluco, my excuse is that since I could only pick 16 titles, I went with the full-length ones. :p:
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Kabaneri of the iron fortress , Boku no hero ( These three are my favs) Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Imperion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hero academiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :awesome:
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
That's quite a lead for Hero Academia so far. :zomg:
Yammy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1 vote for Tanaka

Reason...

I'm a lazy person who wants to learn from other lazy people to level up my laziness.
Pokemon12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Boku no Hero Academia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pokemon12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
wait what about magi sinbad no bouken?????

How is this show not rated high -_-???
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pokemon12)
wait what about magi sinbad no bouken?????

How is this show not rated high -_-???
Again, I could only list 16 series, and Magi: Sinbad no Bouken only had ~250 views on A-P (compared with Bakuon!!'s 460, and everything else's 1,000+).
mr.purplelambkin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Koutetsou was a joke. The characters were bland and boring; the plot sluggish with no end goal or motive in sight; you must've been brain dead if you enjoyed it. The only good thing going for it was the pretty colours.

On the other hand, BnHA, the leading show, was actually entertaining, rousing and displayed great world building. Sure, there were so many tropes and clichés that the show was sort of formulaic, but it works!

Still, I'm surprised that nobody voted for AssClass or Ushio. They were miles better than everything else. If it weren't BnHA, I would've cast my vote for Koro sensei ; - ;
AlexSharratt01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
With the Spring anime season now over, I was wondering which series was the most popular among TSR members? Obviously, I couldn't fit every single series into a poll, so I've tried to pick the shows that got the highest ratings and/or view counts based on info from Anime-Planet and MAL. Also, series that are still ongoing aren't included, hence no JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Re: Zero. They'll be in the Summer season poll, if I remember to do one. :p:

Vote for your favourite(s), and post your reasons (or angry rants that I left your favourite out of the poll) below~

Cant wait for s2 of 進撃の巨人!!!
AlexSharratt01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pokemon12)
Boku no Hero Academia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIAY
Pokemon12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
gg one punch man RIP season 2

Bungou Stray Dogs only watch the first 2 eps of this show so far.... it good but dont like the animation
Uncle Tom #2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I only saw Kabaneri - a show that had a very promising start but ended up being a bit shite.
similarBlank
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What, no Yu-Gi-Oh!?
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
(Original post by similarBlank)
What, no Yu-Gi-Oh!?
The poll only includes anime series that aired and ended in the Spring 2016 season (April - June), while Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V is still ongoing.
Trill
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Boku no Hero Academia! Name:  giphyi.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  11.7 KB
similarBlank
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
The poll only includes anime series that aired and ended in the Spring 2016 season (April - June), while Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V is still ongoing.
Ugh, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX are the only ones I care about.... 5D's was ok I guess but stopped watching the franchise after about the first series of that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (157)
14.54%
I'm not sure (46)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (320)
29.63%
I have already dropped out (30)
2.78%
I'm not a current university student (527)
48.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise