Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you bilingual? Can you think in both languages? Enlighten me watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Flipping heck........ you've already made a similar thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4197989) and got enough answers!
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I speak both Polish and English fluently (Polish being my mother tongue) and I am able to think in both languages. It really depends what I'm thinking about. Like if I'm thinking about a conversation I had with my parents I will think in Polish, but say if I'm thinking about a conversation with my friends I will think in English. It gets really confusing when I'm trying to write an essay because sometimes my ideas will come out in Polish and sometimes in English, so part of the time I have to spend some time translating this really good sentence I thought up of in Polish so that I can use it in my essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danuuutka)
    Yes! I speak both Polish and English fluently (Polish being my mother tongue) and I am able to think in both languages. It really depends what I'm thinking about. Like if I'm thinking about a conversation I had with my parents I will think in Polish, but say if I'm thinking about a conversation with my friends I will think in English. It gets really confusing when I'm trying to write an essay because sometimes my ideas will come out in Polish and sometimes in English, so part of the time I have to spend some time translating this really good sentence I thought up of in Polish so that I can use it in my essay.
    1) Can you think in English?

2) Can you think in Polish?

3) What age did you learn both languages?

4) Can you think in any other language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fg45344)
    1) Can you think in English?

2) Can you think in Polish?

3) What age did you learn both languages?

4) Can you think in any other language?
    I can think in both English and Polish. I learned Polish when I first started to speak and English at the age of 7. I can only think in those two languages

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.