Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

So I'm pretty sure I failed my AS maths exam because I didn't study much (hum-hum at all). I still decided to still retake it in October/November, I won't do the A-level though.

But I don't have my books (the school wanted them back), and even with the help of Internet there are still things I don't quite understand.

Anyone willing to help me this summer? Through skype or anything

Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dafrenchg)
    Hello!

So I'm pretty sure I failed my AS maths exam because I didn't study much (hum-hum at all). I still decided to still retake it in October/November, I won't do the A-level though.

But I don't have my books (the school wanted them back), and even with the help of Internet there are still things I don't quite understand.

Thanksss
    Buy the books on Abebooks? They are around £4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acontium)
    Buy the books on Abebooks? They are around £4.
    Okay but I still need help to understand some things I couldn't understand by myself...

ReputationRep:
    Okay but I still need help to understand some things I couldn't understand by myself...
    If you have any specific questions just post them and people will help.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Thanksss
    This forum is pretty good for asking specific questions about topics you don't understand. But if you want more help, you are welcome to message me (I have done A Level maths and a degree in a maths-based subject).

ReputationRep:
    I usually try to pop in to threads if there are specific questions being asked, I like to keep my mind occupied and non-idling.

If you can, post a past paper completed in timed/exam conditions and show us what you're doing. I know it'll be annoying to do/scan, I'm sorry about that.

I'll try and make a worked solution that goes through every step of the whole thing, hopefully that'll accelerate the learning process a bit. I'm sure examsolutions will help as well but there are occasions where he makes assumptions about what you already know.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, i'll try to do that! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Thanksss
    I would like to help as well. And sure, we could skype if u need something explained. Rather talk then type it all out being the lazy person i am.

ReputationRep:
    YouTube tutorials ?

ReputationRep:
    U can resit maths as in October/ November ? Where and how

ReputationRep:
    Okay, i'll try to do that! Thanks!
    Are there exams in October?!

ReputationRep:
    Yes with Cambridge you can retake them... I just have to ask my school, if I'm not happy with my grades, and pay again for November... I don't know, many people in my school do that every year in AS

ReputationRep:
    So does that mean you can only resit them if you apple to Cambridge or can you resit even if you didn't apply?
    I am thinking about doing this, where would I start to get this sorted?
    Any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    So does that mean you can only resit them if you apple to Cambridge or can you resit even if you didn't apply?
    I am thinking about doing this, where would I start to get this sorted?
    Any help would be appreciated
    I think OP means she is doing her A levels with Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) board

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.