Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, any answers will be helpful! I would like to study Paediatric nursing at university (hoping somewhere such as Bournemouth Uni) I am pretty certain that i can get the A Level requirements (BBB) however I still haven't got a grade C in maths GCSE. I'm obviously still resting my maths GCSE but I'm worried I won't get into Uni if i don't achieve my C grade in maths. In my last GCSE resit i got a D again. I have all the other required GCSE's (A in english and a C in science) but I'm stressing out that I'm going to get the A Level grades to get onto my course and get turned own because I don't have a Maths GCSE!

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who is starting uni in September and hasn't passed their gcse english but they said to her she will have to resit it along side her course if she doesn't pass so that might happen to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I know someone who is starting uni in September and hasn't passed their gcse english but they said to her she will have to resit it along side her course if she doesn't pass so that might happen to you

thank you for your response! Do you know which Uni this was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucx_s)
    thank you for your response! Do you know which Uni this was?
    I think its Westminster and she applied to do international law. You're best to email them incase they don't allow you to do your course

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, any answers will be helpful! I would like to study Paediatric nursing at university (hoping somewhere such as Bournemouth Uni) I am pretty certain that i can get the A Level requirements (BBB) however I still haven't got a grade C in maths GCSE. I'm obviously still resting my maths GCSE but I'm worried I won't get into Uni if i don't achieve my C grade in maths. In my last GCSE resit i got a D again. I have all the other required GCSE's (A in english and a C in science) but I'm stressing out that I'm going to get the A Level grades to get onto my course and get turned own because I don't have a Maths GCSE!
    I certainly wouldn't want to be your patient then!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello,

I'm sorry to tell you that you will need a C or above in Maths GCSE or equivalent - at least for Bournemouth University, anyway.

Try not to worry too much about it - there's nothing more you can do! Stay positive, and if things don't go to plan think about what your other options might be.

I hope it all goes well for you. Are you planning on starting uni this September, or in 2017?

Katie

ReputationRep:
    hi if you dont mind me asking how far off was your friend from a Pass in their english gcse??
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raawritsaira)
    hi if you dont mind me asking how far off was your friend from a Pass in their english gcse??
    I'm not sure, sorry

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.