Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of the UK leaving the EU?Do you think it is just a huge mistake, or that it is a chance for the UK to take back its independence?

ReputationRep:
    It's a huge mistake, and the arguments to leave are terrible, simply appealing to values like democracy (the UK will be less democratic outside the EU), and sovereignty (which I guarantee you less than 1% of Leave voters will be able to offer a satisfactory definition of).

ReputationRep:
    The Remain campaign can reasonably be accused of some slight doom-mongering, but at least it was backed up by evidence and expertise, and is also being proved right.

Leave however was based on 'gut feeling', anti-establishment anger (fuelled by 'establishment' people), and some blasé attitude of somehow it will be okay.

It should never have been put to a referendum, and this vote will go down in history as a tale of caution.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, another Brexit thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Oh, another Brexit thread.
    I dont think, even now, you understand the absolute disaster that has befallen the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    I dont think, even now, you understand the absolute disaster that has befallen the UK
    Yeah, poor Polish girl that works at Cafe Nero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    It's a huge mistake, and the arguments to leave are terrible, simply appealing to values like democracy (the UK will be less democratic outside the EU), and sovereignty (which I guarantee you less than 1% of Leave voters will be able to offer a satisfactory definition of).
    Your comment is nothing but moosepiss ********.

The arguments to Leave are not terrible. Thats your opinion, and your opinion is full of sh!t. Nothing but gibberish.

I absolutely think Voting Leave was definitely worth it. However, we actually need a PM who is a Leave supporter. Our economy is already crumbling, house prices are increasing, public services under pressure, over population, why stay? There are many many more reasons to Leave so whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)

The arguments to Leave are not terrible. Thats your opinion, and your opinion is full of sh!t. Nothing but gibberish.
    So, despite being pretty much conclusively shown to be negative for the economy, for democracy, probably bad for security, and having little to no effect on immigration unless a deal is adopted which tanks the economy to the extent that we should wish for the rich Eastern European farmers to come here and spend their money, the arguments aren't terrible?

I absolutely think Voting Leave was definitely worth it. However, we actually need a PM who is a Leave supporter. Our economy is already crumbling, house prices are increasing, public services under pressure, over population, why stay? There are many many more reasons to Leave so whatever.
    Our economy is crumbling because of the leave vote. House prices are increasing because of government policy, and if they fall after leaving, they will nevertheless be less affordable to UK citizens due to wages dropping. Public services are under pressure because they are underfunded. We are a long, long way from overpopulation lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)

A Leave PM would make it worse but turning a leaky boat into a sinking one. No thanks.

And no, every single Leave argument was disowned by Leave the moment they won, and they were based on gut feeling and mockery of evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    We do now. But help is at hand: I understand the Prevention of Harassment Act (2014) is being amended to make the creation of multiple threads on the subject by one person a criminal offence subject to a minimum term of imprisonment of fifteen years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.