Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I just thought I'd start a thread for all those who have applied/ are thinking of applying to the newly built Garden Halls in Bloomsbury for the academic year 2016-17!

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered an en-suite catered room but ideally would like to swap with someone who has a standard superior self-catered room. If anyone is interested, please message me!

ReputationRep:
    i don't think my student loan will cover it...LOL

(i refuse to share bathrooms)

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fair enough, they are quite pricey. But I'm pretty sure the shared bathrooms are just one between two rooms

ReputationRep:
    true, true... what UoL uni are you looking to study at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minjinoor)
    true, true... what UoL uni are you looking to study at?
    Going to be studying at LSE. Its 15 mins walk alway and considering how lazy I am its pretty ideal haa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suleb001)
    Going to be studying at LSE. Its 15 mins walk alway and considering how lazy I am its pretty ideal haa
    omg what course????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minjinoor)
    omg what course????
    MSc Management, Organisations and Governance Will you be studying there too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suleb001)
    MSc Management, Organisations and Governance Will you be studying there too?

I'll hopefully be doing BSc Economics w/ Economic History (not sure if I've met my offer )

btw - do you plan to work in Management afterwards? and where did you do your bachelors degree? if not at LSE, how was it, getting accepted for a masters there?

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a catered en suite room and I'll be studying at UCL, love how close it is to the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have a single ensuite room at frances gardner house which is self catered. I was wondering if you are still up for a switch? The rooms at frances gardner are quite big!

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose any postgrads can tell me what the Garden Halls are like? I don't want anywhere *too* noisy or messy!

ReputationRep:
    Hi ! I'm a prospective student to UCL and I'm thinking of applying to Gardens Hall for 2017-2018 but what worries me is the possibility to get to know everyone and make friends in this huge intercollegiate hall. Is it a friendly hall ? Do you get to know/befriend people even if there are so many and your schedules do not necessarily correspond ?

What about social events? How many are there in a month ? What sort of social events are they ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseAndMountain)
    Hi ! I'm a prospective student to UCL and I'm thinking of applying to Gardens Hall for 2017-2018 but what worries me is the possibility to get to know everyone and make friends in this huge intercollegiate hall. Is it a friendly hall ? Do you get to know/befriend people even if there are so many and your schedules do not necessarily correspond ?

What about social events? How many are there in a month ? What sort of social events are they ?
    same here, have you applied yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh1998)
    same here, have you applied yet?
    Yes, I eventually applied for College Hall, as it is just next to UCL (approximately 6 minutes walk away) and it's smaller (around 350 people) so hopefully more friendly :x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got offers for GH? Might be of interest to me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have just received an offer for Garden Hall (Sept, 2017), will be studying at UCL. I wanted self-catering and so received a Townhouse single. Does anyone have any info about how the townhouse rooms are? And among how many people is the kitchen shared, I heard 18, isn't that a lot?Any info on the amenities of the hall is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhriti Ratra)
    Hi I have just received an offer for Garden Hall (Sept, 2017), will be studying at UCL. I wanted self-catering and so received a Townhouse single. Does anyone have any info about how the townhouse rooms are? And among how many people is the kitchen shared, I heard 18, isn't that a lot?Any info on the amenities of the hall is appreciated.
    Hey I'm about to start at KCl and I've also been offered a townhouse single! I was told u share the kitchen with about 17-8 people too, but its meant to be a big kitchen (3 hobs, lots of surface space etc.) so hopefully it won't get too busy :s I've heard the rooms arent that big though, plus you share a bathroom with another person (4 people per floor plus 2 bathrooms) but i think the bathroom gets cleaned every week so maybe that makes up for it lol. What course are u gonna start??

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

If anyone has any rooms available please pm me. Am looking for accommodation in London, doesn't have to be en-suite.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I saw your response and send you a message. If you still interested, please PM me.
    Type : Studio(Self-catered)
    Cost : Approximately £263.55 per week
    Contract : 50weeks
    It will be available from October

(Original post by singismund)
    Hey everyone,

If anyone has any rooms available please pm me. Am looking for accommodation in London, doesn't have to be en-suite.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.