Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Last chance to ask a girl out - nervous watch

Announcements

Yo I have a day to ask a girl out or I fear it'll be my last chance.

We knew each other from school but college separated us, never too close but talked a little in lessons. Just fell for her, how I saw her in lessons, how I saw her at lunchtimes, just confident, intelligent and attractive. Think she thought I was shy but asking her out confidently surely blows that perception out the water.

Now I don't have any contact with her, I see her around every now and then and there's no guarantees I will see her tomorrow but I can't move on until I've asked her out. I'm just all over the place with it. Can't stand another 2 months of summer just thinking about her without being with her or not being with her as a result.

ReputationRep:
    A faint heart never won a fair lady

ReputationRep:
    just be yourself. ask the young lady out; if she is interested she will say yes, otherwise she will say no.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yo I have a day to ask a girl out or I fear it'll be my last chance.

We knew each other from school but college separated us, never too close but talked a little in lessons. Just fell for her, how I saw her in lessons, how I saw her at lunchtimes, just confident, intelligent and attractive. Think she thought I was shy but asking her out confidently surely blows that perception out the water.

Now I don't have any contact with her, I see her around every now and then and there's no guarantees I will see her tomorrow but I can't move on until I've asked her out. I'm just all over the place with it. Can't stand another 2 months of summer just thinking about her without being with her or not being with her as a result.
    It takes 20 seconds of insane courage, for the possibility of something great.

Thank you people. I'm buzzing. I'm confident. I have taken her off the pedestal and I'm ready to go for it with 100% confidence. My only fear is that I won't see her at all.

ReputationRep:
    ask her out cos itll put u out of ur misery (you'll get a yes or no) and if shes into you shell be very happy to hear it. confidence is atracrtive but DONT BE creepy or cocky or somin!!!! just confident, chilled.

(Original post by Iris Hickson)
    ask her out cos itll put u out of ur misery (you'll get a yes or no) and if shes into you shell be very happy to hear it. confidence is atracrtive but DONT BE creepy or cocky or somin!!!! just confident, chilled.
    Chilled, gotcha. Like I'm talking to a good friend that I want to be more than friends with.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Just ask, be confident and normal. Its a win win becayse she might say yes or you crash and burn, but at least you know and can move on.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm afraid you'll have to throw your insecurities to the side, and try to acquaint yourself to this special somebody. Try not to come across as someone who just wants her, not right away anyway. If you can, get to being friends with her before the summer break, and maybe you could keep in contact through the summer, then you can resume your relationship in the autumn. You never know. It may just work (then again with my track record, it could crash and burn, no pressure...)

you should definitely do this! i was in the exact same position with a guy at work, I happened to see him on my last shift and just went for it, but i did it in more of 'hey I'm leaving we should go for a drink' (so i think he was unsure if it was a date or a general social thing). you could do that here - be general like 'oh we won't see each other for ages we should do something?' and then see how it plays out!

I also think it'll be fate if you end up seeing her again - if it's meant to be you defo will

you should definitely do this! i was in the exact same position with a guy at work, I happened to see him on my last shift and just went for it, but i did it in more of 'hey I'm leaving we should go for a drink' (so i think he was unsure if it was a date or a general social thing). you could do that here - be general like 'oh we won't see each other for ages we should do something?' and then see how it plays out!

I also think it'll be fate if you end up seeing her again - if it's meant to be you defo will
    "Really love speaking to you, won't see you around for ages so let's meet up for a coffee next week, my treat?"

Sounds alright, good transition into it too cause it's just sound random like hey how's life let's meet up for a coffee lmao. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same situation a couple of months ago and I didn't and I regret it, do it OP

ReputationRep:
    make sure u do it man, whatever it takes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Just go home and masturbate it off.
    This. Ejaculate and reevaluate.

ReputationRep:
    Just do it OP.

I remember when two times in my life when women were interested in me and I never took the chance(I ran away the first time and the second time it just fizzled out).Til this day I always look back with regret,it better you tried and got rejected than think about what could have occurred.Dont be the guy who lets opportunities dance past him.

ReputationRep:
    Do what my grandad told me , let your **** do the talking 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chilled, gotcha. Like I'm talking to a good friend that I want to be more than friends with.
    yeh pretty much, be yourself. not assuming youd do this but of the most annoying hings is when a boy comes up to u and puts on this whole persona he thinks he's mastered and puts on a sexy voice and **** like 'hey girl wasup' and like clicks his tongue AVOID everything of that sort

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.