Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im having ZERO luck with anything atm!
    have no job due to no fault of my own, applications either get rejected or lead to an interview and nothing more or people dont even give me a second look!

im starting to doubt my degree and im considering jacking it in as it seems like a waste of time. I can't get the relevant experience in anything anywhere and I can't even land a job to gain any. Really don't understand why I'm voluntarily gaining thousands worth of debt for something I can't get a job in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    have no job due to no fault of my own, applications either get rejected or lead to an interview and nothing more or people dont even give me a second look!

im starting to doubt my degree and im considering jacking it in as it seems like a waste of time. I can't get the relevant experience in anything anywhere and I can't even land a job to gain any. Really don't understand why I'm voluntarily gaining thousands worth of debt for something I can't get a job in!
    this will be me soon

http://ci.memecdn.com/205/7246205.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dskinner)
    this will be me soon

http://ci.memecdn.com/205/7246205.jpg
    i was mostly looking for words of encouragement lol

You need to rewrite your CV, send off more applications, look for different jobs, maybe do an internship,... not really an expert myself tbh, but hope this helps a little

I'd google some relevant keywords + " Reddit", they almost certainly have people in similar situations there, and the advice is usually good (better than on here, we're all just students)

ReputationRep:

what degree do you have? what was your subject? And where do you have that degree from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    You need to rewrite your CV, send off more applications, look for different jobs, maybe do an internship,... not really an expert myself tbh, but hope this helps a little

I'd google some relevant keywords + " Reddit", they almost certainly have people in similar situations there, and the advice is usually good (better than on here, we're all just students)
    iv recently rewritten it but its the lack of experience thats shooting me down.
    also, whats an internship? stupid question really.

i thought reddit was just memes and pic sharing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    what degree do you have? what was your subject? And where do you have that degree from?
    not completed just yet but its business management from essex. (yes i know, not the most reputable university but still)

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my firm choice just declined me and I haven't even sent them results.. I'm a little confused and sad too.

ReputationRep:
    not completed just yet but its business management from essex. (yes i know, not the most reputable university but still)
    And have you been getting good results in exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoay)
    Hey, my firm choice just declined me and I haven't even sent them results.. I'm a little confused and sad too.
    how do they even have ground to do that?
    also is a firm choice like ur definite 'im choosing this as my final choice' type uni?
    i never did the whole UCAS thing. i applied directly to the uni

ReputationRep:
    And have you been getting good results in exams?
    assignments* (its an online degree for convenience) and yea fairly

iv recently rewritten it but its the lack of experience thats shooting me down.
    also, whats an internship? stupid question really.

i thought reddit was just memes and pic sharing?
    Yeah, lack of experience is bad... if you haven't got the experience, you don't get the job, which means you don't get the experience...

Possibly settle for a crap job for a while, to get some experience?

Internship is a low-paid placement whose primary purpose is to gain workplace skills (often means just serving coffee to people, but it looks very good on an application)

Reddit is a lot more than that. There are some extremely good subreddits, and some extremely bad ones

https://www.reddit.com/r/jobs/commen..._degrees_find/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Yeah, lack of experience is bad... if you haven't got the experience, you don't get the job, which means you don't get the experience...

Possibly settle for a crap job for a while, to get some experience?

Internship is a low-paid placement whose primary purpose is to gain workplace skills (often means just serving coffee to people, but it looks very good on an application)

Reddit is a lot more than that. There are some extremely good subreddits, and some extremely bad ones

https://www.reddit.com/r/jobs/commen..._degrees_find/
    yea thats my plan...its getting into the crap job thats the problem lol
    so basically like an apprenticeship?
    sounds too confusing for me lol

ReputationRep:
    assignments* (its an online degree for convenience) and yea fairly
    from my observations of the information you have given us is that: there are problems with your CV or you may be trying to get interviews from companies too far out of tour league (no offence)
    Good luck, though, hope you find somewhere good

ReputationRep:
    from my observations of the information you have given us is that: there are problems with your CV or you may be trying to get interviews from companies too far out of tour league (no offence)
    Good luck, though, hope you find somewhere good
    well...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.