Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm thinking I want to go into criminal psychology but unsure of what uni course to do. A joint Psychology and Criminology or Forensic Psychology or what? Any help muchly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    What exactly do you mean by Criminal Psychologist? Criminology and Psychology are different degrees and (in terms of forensic/criminal/offender careers) lead to different jobs.

Do you have an idea of where you would like to work and what type of role you might like to have?

ReputationRep:
    Oh God I would have loved to do that and in fact I looked into it for a while but instead I am applying to medicine instead. I wanted a better balance of mind and body and I was worried that too much psychology might mess me up.

I think that is called Forensic Psychology. You see them all the time on real crime programmes on TV. If you fancy working with serial killers, then that must be quite a thrill. When I looked at it I thought the Kingston course (http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...ic-psychology/) looked quite good. Convenient for me because I live in that neck of the wood but also well set out.

ReputationRep:
    I mean looking at why people commit crimes, assessing people who have committed them. That kinda stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.