Tamsin100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm thinking I want to go into criminal psychology but unsure of what uni course to do. A joint Psychology and Criminology or Forensic Psychology or what? Any help muchly appreciated
_Sinnie_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What exactly do you mean by Criminal Psychologist? Criminology and Psychology are different degrees and (in terms of forensic/criminal/offender careers) lead to different jobs.

Do you have an idea of where you would like to work and what type of role you might like to have?
UKCATrocks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh God I would have loved to do that and in fact I looked into it for a while but instead I am applying to medicine instead. I wanted a better balance of mind and body and I was worried that too much psychology might mess me up.

I think that is called Forensic Psychology. You see them all the time on real crime programmes on TV. If you fancy working with serial killers, then that must be quite a thrill. When I looked at it I thought the Kingston course (http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...ic-psychology/) looked quite good. Convenient for me because I live in that neck of the wood but also well set out.
Tamsin100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I mean looking at why people commit crimes, assessing people who have committed them. That kinda stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (220)
74.83%
No (74)
25.17%

Watched Threads