Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 years old and I am a ballet dancer. I've known a male ballet teacher since I was about 14 (because he taught my sister) but I'd never been taught by him.
    It wasn't until about 3 months ago that he started to teach me and he's quite a good teacher.
    2 weeks ago it was my sister's wedding and then when I was saying goodbye to all the guests (obviously including him) he kissed me - ....on the mouth?!
    It was really strange and then he just said goodbye normally!

I've been to 8 ballet classes (with him) since the wedding and he just acts like he normally does.
    I just got a bit confused and creeped out...
    I'd say he's anywhere between 25-35, I can't really tell!
    What do you guys think...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harlowberry)
    I'm 19 years old and I am a ballet dancer. I've known a male ballet teacher since I was about 14 (because he taught my sister) but I'd never been taught by him.
    It wasn't until about 3 months ago that he started to teach me and he's quite a good teacher.
    2 weeks ago it was my sister's wedding and then when I was saying goodbye to all the guests (obviously including him) he kissed me - ....on the mouth?!
    It was really strange and then he just said goodbye normally!

I've been to 8 ballet classes (with him) since the wedding and he just acts like he normally does.
    I just got a bit confused and creeped out...
    I'd say he's anywhere between 25-35, I can't really tell!
    What do you guys think...?
    He might have liked since you were 14! but didn't make a move otherwise he'll be thrown in prison for child molestation. Now that your legal age he proberly made a move.

Is your teacher european by chance? cause I know some europeans kiss each other goodbye, hence why it may seem normal to him.

ReputationRep:
    That's something that would be fairly creepy at 14.

Btw did you say yes to that tall, dark and handsome guy or not?

ReputationRep:
    Any tongues?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As a ballet teacher, he's probably gay. Therefore the kiss means nothing to him.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    As a ballet teacher, he's probably gay. Therefore the kiss means nothing to him.
    That's a bit stereotypical don't you think
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by harlowberry)
    I'm 19 years old and I am a ballet dancer. I've known a male ballet teacher since I was about 14 (because he taught my sister) but I'd never been taught by him.It wasn't until about 3 months ago that he started to teach me and he's quite a good teacher. 2 weeks ago it was my sister's wedding and then when I was saying goodbye to all the guests (obviously including him) he kissed me - ....on the mouth?! It was really strange and then he just said goodbye normally! I've been to 8 ballet classes (with him) since the wedding and he just acts like he normally does. I just got a bit confused and creeped out... I'd say he's anywhere between 25-35, I can't really tell! What do you guys think...?
    Hmm... 2 weeks ago, and still having lessons and only now you're mentioning this. You've been thinking about this for a while then, possibly even obsessing... I'm more interested in hearing what you think. Have you developed a crush on your ballet instructor? :holmes:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Well obviously if this is him seriously making a move, it's bad. You need to figure out whether it was just him saying goodbye in a completely friendly and normal way, or if he was making some kind of move. If he was making some kind of move, even though you're 19, this could be against the BATD or whatever's rules, which is something you should look into. I know first hand that you can end up getting very close with your dance teachers, but I've never had something like that. Especially after only working together for such a short amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    Was he drunk? He might not even remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adesola15)
    Was he drunk? He might not even remember.
    He did smell of alcohol but I wouldn't say he was "drunk."
    He had to teach the following morning and he's quite responsible.
    I'm just hoping he did it by accident!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.