Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will driving interfere with University? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

Currently I'm taking driving lessons and probably won't pass my test until a few months after starting University.

My University is about an hours bus ride away from my home. Do you think I could sitll do driving lessons every week or what?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Hello.

Currently I'm taking driving lessons and probably won't pass my test until a few months after starting University.

My University is about an hours bus ride away from my home. Do you think I could sitll do driving lessons every week or what?
    Can't see it being a problem

ReputationRep:
    Why not just get a new instructor at Uni? Forget messing around going home all the time
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dcthorpe)
    Why not just get a new instructor at Uni? Forget messing around going home all the time
    This

An hours bus ride each way is going to be expensive and takes a lot of time (plus a bit of traffic and a delay on the bus and you could miss your lesson).

Find a local instructor - or take more lessons and take your test earlier before starting uni.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hello.

Yes of course, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Just plan your lessons for when you have a decent amount of free time in a day so you aren't rushing.
    You'll be able to do - might as well carry on and finish it!

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    I shoud've mentioned I don't want to get another instructor. I've been with this one for over a year, he's been my only driving instructor, and I'd really rather not get another one.

Shouldn't be too expensive, hopefully, I get free bus travel at the moment and am looking to see if there's a way to continue that.

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

I shoud've mentioned I don't want to get another instructor. I've been with this one for over a year, he's been my only driving instructor, and I'd really rather not get another one.

Shouldn't be too expensive, hopefully, I get free bus travel at the moment and am looking to see if there's a way to continue that.
    Then yes just go for it. But do try to pass as soon as possible

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.