Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm just about to start my A-Levels in September and I was wondering if any of you could give me some good ideas for a part-time job that I could do for a few hours per week. Also, how would I go about getting the job? I'm a bit new to this cuz this would be my first ever job lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty0301)
    So I'm just about to start my A-Levels in September and I was wondering if any of you could give me some good ideas for a part-time job that I could do for a few hours per week. Also, how would I go about getting the job? I'm a bit new to this cuz this would be my first ever job lol.
    Look online at websites for local big supermarkets, they're always hiring especially around the holidays. Some places you can just go on and ask for an application form and when you hand it in you will probably get an interview (my local dominoes works like this) and obviously always keep an eye out for advertising in windows of local shops. (Personally I got a Saturday job at Waitrose when I was 16 by applying online so I would strongly recommend them but I also have friends who worked at Asda, Wilkensons, Weatherspoons ect. so there's plenty of places out there)

ReputationRep:
    Apply for waitressing and bar work by taking your cv into loads of different pubs and restaurants 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty0301)
    simple just follow the TSR guide
    takeouts, supermarkets , retail
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i'd advise to start high end as they can offer more such as antique and art dealers, car showroomsand jewellery stores even if it just windexing display cases or dusting items on display it will be a few hours a week and is where i started and might get you into the sales department or convince you to set up your own company

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.