Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think a black cardigan would look like a black blazer if i wore the cardigan ? watch

ReputationRep:
    Weird Question
    They are both the same size and length.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the actual style of the cardigan....

But no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Depends on the actual style of the cardigan....

But no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a short one - same length as a blazer.Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it does.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    The material and the actual shape would be different from a blazer so would sit differently, so no a cardigan probably wouldn't look like a blazer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    The material and the actual shape would be different from a blazer so would sit differently, so no a cardigan probably wouldn't look like a blazer.
    It's the same size as a blazer and same length. Do you think it's very noticeable ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    It's the same size as a blazer and same length. Do you think it's very noticeable ?
    I mean, it'll still likely look smart, but not quite like a blazer. Blazers usually have more seams and are made with more rigid material, and they have a decent amount of structuring to them. Cardigans are a lot softer and hang differently. It'll be most noticeable around the shoulders

ReputationRep:
    I mean, it'll still likely look smart, but not quite like a blazer. Blazers usually have more seams and are made with more rigid material, and they have a decent amount of structuring to them. Cardigans are a lot softer and hang differently. It'll be most noticeable around the shoulders
    Do you think they would allow me to wear a cardigan instead of a blazer ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Might want to tell us who "they" are
    I've got a sixth form induction tomorrow so 'they' is the school !!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Do you think they would allow me to wear a cardigan instead of a blazer ?
    It depends on who it is. I'm guessing this is for a job? You might get away with it, depending on the position and the company. I'd call and ask, for sure. It's better than breaking the dress code on your first day.

EDIT: Just saw your last post. In that case, you might get away with it. It depends on how lenient they are. If they've asked for a blazer specifically, don't be surprised if a few questions are asked, but I've seen people not have a problem with that kinda thing before

ReputationRep:
    A cardigan will never look like a blazer due to only being the same lenght and size. That's like saying a pair of jeans looks the same as leggings due to the same/similar shape and form.

But you're fine to wear a cardigan to a sixth form induction. I highly doubt anyone will care if you wear a black cardigan instead of a black blazer as long as the rest of your outfit is smart. You can just get a blazer sometime before you actually start attending the sixth form

ReputationRep:
    It depends on who it is. I'm guessing this is for a job? You might get away with it, depending on the position and the company. I'd call and ask, for sure. It's better than breaking the dress code on your first day.

EDIT: Just saw your last post. In that case, you might get away with it. It depends on how lenient they are. If they've asked for a blazer specifically, don't be surprised if a few questions are asked, but I've seen people not have a problem with that kinda thing before
    Oh ok Thank you for your help !

(Original post by katherine9609)
    A cardigan will never look like a blazer due to only being the same lenght and size. That's like saying a pair of jeans looks the same as leggings due to the same/similar shape and form.

But you're fine to wear a cardigan to a sixth form induction. I highly doubt anyone will care if you wear a black cardigan instead of a black blazer as long as the rest of your outfit is smart. You can just get a blazer sometime before you actually start attending the sixth form
    True ! Yeh i definitely will it's just that i couldn't find any but i'm going to get one for September

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.