Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips for writing a personal statement for history at Durham? At the open day the lecturer said she wanted something different, something that maybe wasn't a typical layout and would stand out against the vast competition. I'm trying to draft ideas for this as I'm desperate to get in, but have very few ideas.
    Any help would be really appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esgray99)
    Has anyone got any tips for writing a personal statement for history at Durham? At the open day the lecturer said she wanted something different, something that maybe wasn't a typical layout and would stand out against the vast competition. I'm trying to draft ideas for this as I'm desperate to get in, but have very few ideas.
    Any help would be really appreciated!
    Learn about a period of history you haven't done at school.

I'm pretty sure 99% of people will be talking about what they have learnt in school or/and books that are extensions off of that.

ReputationRep:
    I would look at the course content of Durham and try to put something from the course into your personal statement. If you've got a bit of knowledge about what uni students are doing when you're still in sixth form it can make you look better than other students imo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.