Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I've been attending a senior school since I started in year 7 and everything was going decently. I got decent (mediocre) GCSE results and I'm currently waiting for my AS results. But now I've found out that due to my father leaving the army I'm no longer qualified to get CEA which is the funding I needed to stay at that school. This on top of an upcoming move to another part of the country, I'm lost on what to do. For one, I'm not even sure I'll have a school place come September and I have very little idea on what I want to do with my life.
    Sorry for complaining, any advice would be great.
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    1. You cna ask or check with your school of ut has any bursaries or scholarships. Always worth a try. Maybe there is some continuation of cea check the rules.
    2. If you are moving elsewhere then you need to check with your parents. Are they intending to find a fee paying school for you or will you need to look at the state system?
    3. If its the state system, then you will need to start reseraching schools in the locality you will be moving to checking them on the league tab;es or soem form of good school guide, going to websites and then applying to join the 4th form. Alternatively going to college. Ovbiously its a bit tricky as you need to contrinue your current subjetcs and board so you can do A2 on the same syllabus. Alternatively you cna decide to teach yourself.
    4. part of me thinks your parents should be helping, whilst the other half feels they arent much use and it will be up to you to get yourself sorted.

    As to what to do with your life. i would finish your A levels first. You cna decide on Uni or apprenticeships after.
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:



    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.