The Student Room Group

Will I get fired ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by offhegoes
In Scotland it is law for a company selling alcohol to have a Challenge 25 policy. The company is legally obliged to enforce this and an employee is only deemed to have committed a crime if they sell alcohol to someone actually under 18.

In the rest of the UK Challenge 25 is not a law whatsoever. It is a scheme many companies sign up to by haing such a policy. It holds no legal weight whatsoever.

Your employers can of course fire you for failing to adhere to their policy if it constitues gross misconduct. Do you have someone at work you can be present with you at any meeting to ensure everything is done properly? It is your right to have someone present if this is a disciplinary meeting in any way.

Ah gosh thanks for clearing that up as this makes me think it isn't as bad as I'm making it out to be. And yeh I think I can have someone present with me however I don't want to get other people involved in this cause I'm not really close to any of my colleagues and also I would rather others didn't know cause I'm quite a private person. I have had investigations before and they been conducted quite professionally so I'm not worried about that aspect but it's always terrifying when there's like 2-3 senior staff who are both much older than me and I'm there trying to defend myself and they write down what you say as well :/
Reply 41
Original post by jneill
Probably just trying to frighten you :smile:

But in any case it would likely be the manager or licensee who would be in real trouble. Not a very junior member of staff.

Yes you're probably right, thank you for the link, was quite an interesting little read!
Reply 42
Original post by jneill
Probably just trying to frighten you :smile:

But in any case it would likely be the manager or licensee who would be in real trouble. Not a very junior member of staff.

Yeh I was told ages ago that the store would get a fine of up to 20K and that the manager could go to prison so yh
Reply 43
Not especially likely if it was an honest mistake but the stores can get in a **** load of trouble for it fines/court etc. Just say you were distracted and itll never happen again.
Reply 44
Original post by Napp
Not especially likely if it was an honest mistake but the stores can get in a **** load of trouble for it fines/court etc. Just say you were distracted and itll never happen again.

Thanks for the advice :biggrin:
So what happened then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
What happened anyway? Im in a simalar predicament.

Quick Reply

Latest