Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I want to know, out of the two books below, which is the best to study anatomy for first year medicine?

Gray's Anatomy Flash Cards (3rd edition)
    or
    Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards (4th edition)

Thanks,
    Omar
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboss1998)
    Hi All,

I want to know, out of the two books below, which is the best to study anatomy for first year medicine?

Gray's Anatomy Flash Cards (3rd edition)
    or
    Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards (4th edition)

Thanks,
    Omar
    I loved my netter cards, allowed my boyfriend to test me on things without needing to learn about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I loved my netter cards, allowed my boyfriend to test me on things without needing to learn about it.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Flash cards on their own are more for revision than primary learning, IMO. Try out both books (and any others) at your university library before committing to buying anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Flash cards on their own are more for revision than primary learning, IMO. Try out both books (and any others) at your university library before committing to buying anything.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Those aren't books.

Use grays anatomy for students.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlindingLight)
    Those aren't books.

Use grays anatomy for students.*
    Considering they are a lot of pages, i treated them as books.

Either way, thanks for your recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboss1998)
    Considering they are a lot of pages, i treated them as books.

Either way, thanks for your recommendation.
    They're cards, not pages.

ReputationRep:
    I spent alot of time studying both Gray's and Clinically Oriented Anatomy. I preferred Gray's as the illustrations are far better. Although to be honest it hasn't done me a great deal of good as I've long since forgotten most of my anatomy and I'll be an SHO next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    I spent alot of time studying both Gray's and Clinically Oriented Anatomy. I preferred Gray's as the illustrations are far better. Although to be honest it hasn't done me a great deal of good as I've long since forgotten most of my anatomy and I'll be an SHO next week.
    Thanks and good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.