Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Lol, straight to the point. I think I've decided on my six, will you tell me what you think? Oxford, Durham, Bristol, Nottingham, Exeter and Southampton.
    Yeah great choices. The weak link there is Exeter (awaits barrage of abuse from Ollie and Katy...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Yeah great choices. The weak link there is Exeter (awaits barrage of abuse from Ollie and Katy...)
    How come? Why's it not as good as the rest? Thanks for your help btw, Aimée x

ReputationRep:
    How come? Why's it not as good as the rest? Thanks for your help btw, Aimée x
    Yeah, the likes of Durham, Nottingham, Bristol and Southampton are in a different league to Exeter. But don't worry, for Geography your 5/6th choices don't really matter; if you're on course for (/get at AS) AAB+ (which I assume you from your choices), you should have no problems getting offers from Notts, Durham and Soton, and also probably Bristol. I was only serious about Sheffield or Ox, my other choices were quite random - Reading, Lancaster, St Andrews and LSE.

What Ox college are you thinking of btw ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Yeah, the likes of Durham, Nottingham, Bristol and Southampton are in a different league to Exeter. But don't worry, for Geography your 5/6th choices don't really matter; if you're on course for (/get at AS) AAB+ (which I assume you from your choices), you should have no problems getting offers from Notts, Bristol and Soton, and also probably Durham. I was only serious about Sheffield or Ox, my other choices were quite random - Reading, Lancaster, St Andrews and LSE.

What Ox college are you thinking of btw ?
    Ah ok, I'm predicted AAAA so fingers crossed! Although do you think Leeds or Manchester would be better than Exeter? Or is it all much of a muchness? And I was originally thinking of Worcester, though apparantly it's not a main geog college? :confused: Can you offer any more guidance? Aimée x

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, I'm predicted AAAA so fingers crossed! Although do you think Leeds or Manchester would be better than Exeter? Or is it all much of a muchness? And I was originally thinking of Worcester, though apparantly it's not a main geog college? :confused: Can you offer any more guidance? Aimée x
    Leeds and Manch a tad better than Exeter, but as I said your last choice isn't going to matter, apply to Thames Valley for a laugh, if you get AAAA or AAAB at AS I can pretty much guarantee you'll def get 4 offers (everywhere except Oxbridge and Bristol if they're arsey). Worcester is a great place and would be in my top 3 recommendations to anyone thinking of Ox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Leeds and Manch a tad better than Exeter, but as I said your last choice isn't going to matter, apply to Thames Valley for a laugh, if you get AAAA or AAAB at AS I can pretty much guarantee you'll def get 4 offers (everywhere except Oxbridge and Bristol if they're arsey). Worcester is a great place and would be in my top 3 recommendations to anyone thinking of Ox.
    Hehe, I'll think about TVU! Thanks for your advice though, I think I will apply to Worcester, I really liked it when I vistied Aimée x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Academically and reputation wise maybe but I you won't have more fun and find a better campus anywhere .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Bet you'd slam my most of my provisional choices for geography then(!): Durham, Southampton, Exeter, Reading, Loughborough, Aberystwyth! The last two are probably going to change (possibly to Notts and Sheffield.) I need to do some more research on the Shef and Notts.
    Exeter have a good reputation for geography these days.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea to apply to one or two 'less good' universities that want lower grades as a backup in case you dont get offers from other places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Bet you'd slam my most of my provisional choices for geography then(!): Durham, Southampton, Exeter, Reading, Loughborough, Aberystwyth! The last two are probably going to change (possibly to Notts and Sheffield.) I need to do some more research on the Shef and Notts.
    Exeter have a good reputation for geography these days.
    Good choices again, and yeah I'd definitely replace the last two with Notts and Sheffield. I think a lot of people here are underrating Sheffield for Geography. The department is (/was) top 5, and the uni's awesome. Except there's too many hills. And it rains.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.