Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I came to England about 2 years ago and went straight forward to sixth form... I'm doing health and social care , biology and Portuguese . I'm going to apply to uni in October 2016 and I have some questions ...
    Many UNIs are asking fo 5 GCSE.... I only have maths and I'm doing English in year 13 when we come back to school . My question is : do I have to do 5 GCSE ?? Or is there any equivalency for my grades back from Portugal....
    Hope anyone could help me
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Cocas1234)
    Hello! I came to England about 2 years ago and went straight forward to sixth form... I'm doing health and social care , biology and Portuguese . I'm going to apply to uni in October 2016 and I have some questions ...
    Many UNIs are asking fo 5 GCSE.... I only have maths and I'm doing English in year 13 when we come back to school . My question is : do I have to do 5 GCSE ?? Or is there any equivalency for my grades back from Portugal....
    Hope anyone could help me
    https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/f...ifications.pdf (page 55) is the advice universities have on Portuguese qualifications equivalency. It focuses on pre-university grades rather than GCSE level.

List your Portuguese education in the education section on UCAS and give your final grades for the year you left - then get your referee to explain your education background in your reference.

You wont be penalised for not having 5 GCSEs if you didn't study GCSEs at all.

ReputationRep:
    Thank your for answering ! I'm now trying to put down my Portuguese results from Portugal and it is only allowing me if I finished high school, which I didn't .. I finished my 10th grade only and then I came to England... What do i do??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.