Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

How will you vote in the next GE? watch

• View Poll Results: How will you vote in a GE with Corbyn, May & Farron leading the three main parties?
    Labour supporter voting Labour
    32.91%
    Labour supporter voting Tory
    3.80%
    Labour supporter voting Lib Dem
    2.53%
    Tory supporter voting Tory
    22.78%
    Tory supporter voting Labour
    1.27%
    Tory supporter voting Lib Dem
    1.27%
    Lib Dem supporter voting Lib Dem
    11.39%
    Lib Dem supporter voting Tory
    0%
    Lib Dem supporter voting Labour
    0%
    Floating voter voting Tory
    5.06%
    Floating voter voting Labour
    11.39%
    Floating voter voting Lib Dem
    7.59%

ReputationRep:
    I am a nominal Labour supporter who will either vote Lib Dem or Tory assuming May wins the leadership contest and Corbyn is still in office

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    No UKIP or greens?

Labour and the Lib dems are going to bleed votes like crazy next GE, labour especially with how Corbyn has run the party

ReputationRep:
    Labour supporter voting for Andrea Leadsom

ReputationRep:
    Labour supporter voting Labour or Lib Dem.

No 'other' option in the poll?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Depends on what happens with Labour but I find it hard to imagine a situation where I wouldn't vote Labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remiremi)
    No UKIP or greens?

Labour and the Lib dems are going to bleed votes like crazy next GE, labour especially with how Corbyn has run the party
    Hasn't Brexit wiped out the UKIP manifesto considering that they blamed the UK's membership of the EU for a lot of the country's problems?

I have lurched rightwards over the last year (I used to be a big leftie) so I will be a swing voter--that is, if I am of voting age if a snap election is called. I am politically closest to the Lib Dems but they're powerless nationally at the moment and also to pre-Iraq Blairite Labour which has been abandoned by the Labour base.

I'll be voting either for the Lib Dems out of principle or if Theresa May becomes the next Prime Minister, I will hold my nose and may consider voting Tory.

As I follow American politics a lot, every day of hearing about the crazy Republicans and Trump makes me feel more gratitude to the British government.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting for the REMAIN candidate who is most likely to win the constituency I am in at that moment.

Left and right has gone out the window now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    Hasn't Brexit wiped out the UKIP manifesto considering that they blamed the UK's membership of the EU for a lot of the country's problems?
    I am a honest believer they will continue to creep votes from the other parties. A lot of people voted for UKIP last GE (and the lib dems in 2010) just because there was finally a realistic alternative to the tory/labour race that many are sick with.

The referendum might be gone, but Immigration will always be relevant and people will vote for UKIP being the hardest on it.

We also haven't "left" Europe yet, so depending on how Terresa May deals with brexit it could net UKIP votes depending on how much she sucks up to the EU.

ReputationRep:
    I'll force myself to still vote Labour despite having no confidence in them, although it's pointless voting as I live in safe Tory seat and hate the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    Not gunna lie, I like Corbyn and he wins my vote for Labour assuming he is still the leader. Depending on who replaces him if it comes to that, I might swing and vote Lib Dems despite being a registered Labour member, anything but the Tories :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'll vote for the Conservatives regardless of who is in charge (a) of the Conservatives and (b) of everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno where I'll be with it being a year after I finish uni. If here, voting is practically pointless, it's a pretty comfortable Tory seat. But I imagine labour or maybe lib dem if labour are completely ****ed, though I'm not exactly a fan of them offering to block Brexit in parliament.

ReputationRep:
    Tory supporter but I'll be voting UKIP

ReputationRep:
    I will vote Lib Dem. I did last time and now I feel more comfortable voting for them considering that Clegg has gone.

But the tories will blates win considering the opposition has fallen apart.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Out of all of then it would have to be the Lib-Dems but in all honesty all of the parties can go pound sand.

ReputationRep:
    Being on the right of the political spectrum in my constituency is pretty much redundant, still going to vote Tories because Labour/Lib Dems disgust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm a born ideological Tory, so it figures. Labour is in both my town's constituencies, but meh.....it used to be tory before, cna be again.

ReputationRep:
    I am a UKIP member and will therefore most likely vote UKIP. However, if Andrea Leadsom becomes Tory leader I would seriously consider voting Conservative instead.

ReputationRep:
    Where are the UKIP/Britain First options? I guarantee you that UKIP will be the second largest party come 2020 - ridiculous that they're not included in the poll.

Assuming the leadership change goes smoothly and they continue moving further to the right it'll definitely be UKIP for me. If not then either the Tories (if they actually put forward some proper conservative policies), or Britain First.

ReputationRep:
    I'll most likely vote UKIP but a lot of things can change in 4 years. Regardless, I can say with quite a bit of confidence that I won't vote for Labour or the Lib Dems. I wouldn't rule out voting for the Tories however.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.