Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Creative writing feedback please :-) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am experimenting with creative writing and would love any feedback you have
    She gazed down at her hands. Bright pink polish on thin wiry fingers. How was she here? Progress she had been promised. How fake it all was. She saw it now. The only difference was that this time she couldn't escape. She had to sit with it: This world. The lies. The selfishness. How she was not built for it. But in a strange way she missed it. Listening earnestly. Smiling emptily. Everything that was asked of her. Nothing more nothing less. She didn't know them and they certainly didn't know her. But in their glass business rooms, their packed bars, she had played their roles in short skirts, high heels, soft lipstick. What had it given it her? Nothing. But that was the point. All the women would be pushed one day or another. What could they be used for?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I like it, sounds good! I like how most of the sentences are short and to the point, and the amount of questions in there. It sounds good to read

ReputationRep:
    I agree^^ but i do think you should include one long sentence, to give it a jumpy read your really good though!

ReputationRep:
    It's really good. I think that you should continue. But It doesn't hurt to bone up on a few hints and tips every now and then and there are loads of websites and creative writing books that are full of good, useful tips for all types of writers. Some of them may work for you while others may not as some creative writing tips don't work for everyone

ReputationRep:
    it is very nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    it is very nice.
    I quite agree with you the bear

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much guys has given me some confidence :-)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.