Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am going interrailing for 15 days in July-August and was just wondering whether about £25, which is about €29, would be a suitable amount per day, covering hostels and food? I'm planning on staying in Amsterdam, Munich, Venice, Milan, Marseilles and Paris for about 2 daysish per city. Some nights I will be travelling on trains potentially so it may cut some costs of hostels etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzie2)
    Hey guys, I am going interrailing for 15 days in July-August and was just wondering whether about £25, which is about €29, would be a suitable amount per day, covering hostels and food? I'm planning on staying in Amsterdam, Munich, Venice, Milan, Marseilles and Paris for about 2 daysish per city. Some nights I will be travelling on trains potentially so it may cut some costs of hostels etc.
    Luckily for you, you've picked some of the most expensive cities in Europe, so I'd expect your daily budget to be something more like £50/£60 if you include everything from accommodation to activities to food. Obviously you can cut costs by not eating meals and shopping in supermarkets, and your daily budget might drop if you manage to find an excellent listing on AirBnB or a nice cheap hostel.

Also 2 days in each city isn't really enough to be honest. I'd get rid of one of those cities (your choice, they're all good cities with the exception of Venice but you can't not go to Venice so it's a bit difficult to choose) and have more days in the other cities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.