Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am doing an ODP course at university and i wish to continue my studies to become an Anesthetist or a surgeon. would it be possible with the qualifications i have to continue and what do i have to take up to get there???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybean07)
    i am doing an ODP course at university and i wish to continue my studies to become an Anesthetist or a surgeon. would it be possible with the qualifications i have to continue and what do i have to take up to get there???
    Hello, I know you posted this a while ago however I am considering doing the same as you and would love to know if you managed to follow your dream and become a doctor?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You will be able to become a physicians assistant or first surgical assistant. This can be done by doing a masters degree. However, Due to the long 5 year course of medicine, and then a further 15 years in training working through the different ranks to become a surgeon, i don't think this will be possible. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loiselizajones)
    You will be able to become a physicians assistant or first surgical assistant. This can be done by doing a masters degree. However, Due to the long 5 year course of medicine, and then a further 15 years in training working through the different ranks to become a surgeon, i don't think this will be possible. Hope this helps.
    Thank you! I'm determined to folllow my path of an ODP and I will see where my careers takes me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.