Turn on thread page Beta

why should people have equal rights? watch

ReputationRep:
    just something I've been mulling in my mind a lot...why do we need social equality? what purpose does it serve?? why can't a group have more of a stake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Shut. The. Hell. Up
    haha..ok.

i say as i please. please say why i cannot??

i don't get it, perhaps learn better next time.

ReputationRep:
    Shut. The. Hell. Up
    Feed the troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenz111)
    haha..ok.

i say as i please. please say why i cannot??

i don't get it, perhaps learn better next time.
    2 things. On this site, you can't say what you like. 2, what a ridiculous thing to even bring up at all

ReputationRep:
    hahaloooololol. i can see you have an ego, but sorry, this is nothing different to what others do or post here.

stop trying to bully me into what i can do. i set my own limits, not anybody else.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm....ok. well possibly the Devil posts here, ,i.e. you, since only evil people select what is post-worthy or not. people have posted here that is worse, yet you single me out. bully/pathetic/loser haha.
    :lies::lies::lies:

ReputationRep:
    hahaloooololol. i can see you have an ego, but sorry, this is nothing different to what others do or post here.

stop trying to bully me into what i can do. i set my own limits, not anybody else.
    I have an ego? Oh please. That's the silliest thing you've said so far, and you've said some silly stuff

ReputationRep:
    no, you are a bully/loser, and pathetic to boot. handle your offence like a MAN and move on, since i do as i please, that's it. it's pretty self-evident that you're offended since i'm posting in a manner equivalent to those whom you've "rated cool".......

ReputationRep:
    just something I've been mulling in my mind a lot...why do we need social equality? what purpose does it serve?? why can't a group have more of a stake?
    You actually need to sleep because what you're saying doesn't make sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no, you are a bully/loser, and pathetic to boot. handle your offence like a MAN and move on, since i do as i please, that's it. it's pretty self-evident that you're offended since i'm posting in a manner equivalent to those whom you've "rated cool".......
    Yup, that's it bud. Hit the nail on the head. I am defeated. I'm a loser. The irony is you've called someone else a loser from your tsr troll account. I guarantee you've been banned before for behaving like you do

ReputationRep:
    'rights' - yes of course.

Human rights, should exist for all.

---

However, what I think your talking to is full social equality, which is very different from everyone having the same rights.

I would again argue that this is a good thing, however I would also state that in my mind it is impossible to ever achieve.

As a species we are programmed with the ideas of groups, our group - their group. And we will always treat people from 'our group' with a (often unconscious) bias.

I do think its possible to solve racial inequality.. but, for me as soon as you remove one inequality, you open another.. you just shift the groups around, rather then removing them, which is what you would need to do to actually create a truly equal society.

For example.. look at Brexit.

Many would claim that the OUT voters are racist... they would hold themselves as not-racist, and for equally. They put all races into their group. But then they claim old people are stupid, and have ruined their future.. OUT voters are uneducated/lower class etc. They have taken one devide away, but opened up two more: ageism, class, not to mention the core devide between in and OUT.

Another example..

I have a friend, she is very progressive, campaigns for full equality for all. But anyone who does not dedicate themselves to conforming to her progressive way of thinking, is someone she will think of less.. she in trying to push an agenda of equality, has created a divide, an in/out set of circumstances between those that follow her ideology and those that don't.

Final example..

Go to a 100% white, posh town in england.. there is no racism. There may be prejudice, but no active discrimination as there is no one to discriminate against.. but (speaking as someone who grew up in a place like this) there are just as many small divides.. people who live in slightly poorer parts of town, students who attend different schools, one gardening club vs another gardening club.. cricket supports vs rugby supporters.. families who have lived their for their whole lives, and people who have just moved there. Equality in the town does not exist, business give preferncial treatment.. the council works quicker for those it likes, local organisations serve their groups interests etc.

---

The point is this:

Equal rights and laws = 100% needed, and good.

A truly equal society = A nice idea but until we drastically change our way of thinking, and the way our brains work, its impossible. All we can do is shift around the groups to arrange our prejudices in the most effective way as possible

ReputationRep:
    Yup, that's it bud. Hit the nail on the head. I am defeated. I'm a loser. The irony is you've called someone else a loser from your tsr troll account. I guarantee you've been banned before for behaving like you do
    sorry, i don't behave any differently from others. but then yep, i've just called you out for being a bully to some stranger online...haha..you amuse me, not hurt me.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, i don't behave any differently from others. but then yep, i've just called you out for being a bully to some stranger online...haha..you amuse me, not hurt me.
    Oh my god. You're still talking. I'm a bully because I told you to shut up. Go away troll. I shouldn't have took the bait anyway. I'm not posting on this thread again.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god. You're still talking. I'm a bully because I told you to shut up. Go away troll. I shouldn't have took the bait anyway. I'm not posting on this thread again.
    because that's your agenda here....haha..and it isn't working, so move on. i say as i please, and i know that the only reason is that it offends you. i don't care, i say as i please, learn life/social skills MAN...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    You actually need to sleep because what you're saying doesn't make sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i say as i please. i don't car if this offends you...you're an adult, learn how to get on better haha... what i said made perfect sense, i know it offends you but cool....i don't care if it does.

ReputationRep:
    As long as the OP is the one cleaning my pebble-dashed toilet it's fine with me.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, i don't care what you think,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    'rights' - yes of course.

Human rights, should exist for all.

---

However, what I think your talking to is full social equality, which is very different from everyone having the same rights.

I would again argue that this is a good thing, however I would also state that in my mind it is impossible to ever achieve.

As a species we are programmed with the ideas of groups, our group - their group. And we will always treat people from 'our group' with a (often unconscious) bias.

I do think its possible to solve racial inequality.. but, for me as soon as you remove one inequality, you open another.. you just shift the groups around, rather then removing them, which is what you would need to do to actually create a truly equal society.

For example.. look at Brexit.

Many would claim that the OUT voters are racist... they would hold themselves as not-racist, and for equally. They put all races into their group. But then they claim old people are stupid, and have ruined their future.. OUT voters are uneducated/lower class etc. They have taken one devide away, but opened up two more: ageism, class, not to mention the core devide between in and OUT.

Another example..

I have a friend, she is very progressive, campaigns for full equality for all. But anyone who does not dedicate themselves to conforming to her progressive way of thinking, is someone she will think of less.. she in trying to push an agenda of equality, has created a divide, an in/out set of circumstances between those that follow her ideology and those that don't.

Final example..

Go to a 100% white, posh town in england.. there is no racism. There may be prejudice, but no active discrimination as there is no one to discriminate against.. but (speaking as someone who grew up in a place like this) there are just as many small divides.. people who live in slightly poorer parts of town, students who attend different schools, one gardening club vs another gardening club.. cricket supports vs rugby supporters.. families who have lived their for their whole lives, and people who have just moved there. Equality in the town does not exist, business give preferncial treatment.. the council works quicker for those it likes, local organisations serve their groups interests etc.

---

The point is this:

Equal rights and laws = 100% needed, and good.

A truly equal society = A nice idea but until we drastically change our way of thinking, and the way our brains work, its impossible. All we can do is shift around the groups to arrange our prejudices in the most effective way as possible
    Possibly the first intelligent comment I've ever seen in all the years I've used TSR.

:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    We don't need or want social equality.

Inequality is a GOOD thing. It is healthy and natural.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well if you think about it nobody has equal rights really... stark examples would be a missing white girl vs. a black one for instance or a bloke ... not even close to equally treated.
    poor inner city kids compared to affluent ones in the country
    blah blah blah.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.