The Student Room Group

Easiest way for me to find physical and emotional companionship?

I was top of my high school but dropped out of uni at 20 with schizophrenia. I think itd be too challenging socially and healthwise to go back to uni.

Im currently employed in admin and cafe work in a community job, which obviously isnt that enticing to people. I expect my future in employment to be shaky. I find it hard to work with my condition and dont particularly enjoy it or see the point, as im not very materialistic and havent had a great experience of people so far so dont really want to help them, which is what some claim motivates them to work.

I want basically a female copy of myself to go out with, well perhaps me in a few months when ive shifted the last of my excess weight and lived clean so that my face looks a bit better.

I dont really fit in in the disability culture that well. Ive made friends with lots of disabled people but dont feel chemistry with any of them.

I also havent found a sense of belonging in the general unemployed community.

Neither of these things is through snobbishness about unemployment or disability.

In the last week ive tried hookup sites with no.success (possibly as all the ones i found were scams). Then i tried dating sites like pof, but didnt really get any enticing offers in spite of my efforts. I tried hotornot and badoo and didnt get a single like for my appearance. I dont know if this is because i refused to oay for upgrades to get me seen more or just a decline in my appearance.

I tried an unemployed dating site today but there were no members within 100km of me, and a mental health one with no success, and a disability one where i didnt find anyine i liked.

What can i do?
What disability do you have?

You could try joining clubs out of interest or befriending people, their are lots of community clubs that do befriending service and I think this is the easiest way to get emotional and physical companionship. You have to keep pushing yourself and improving yourself, anyway possible and this is how you get leads via dating.

What are your career goals? You could study a degree via the Open University.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending