Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My family don't like that I'm more affectionate to my friends than with them. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I care about my family, I just don't touch them often.

I hug my mother twice a year.

I told my father that I will hug him, once a year either on Father's day or his birthday.

I've not hugged either of my sisters since 2012.

One of my cousins wants to hug me, I told her that I will hug her before she turns 40, she's 17 right now.

I told my 8 year old cousin that I would hug her when she's 16.

I don't really have any desire to hug any of them.

When it comes to my friends, I hug them every time I see them, I love them so much, I love spending time with them!

My family don't like this because "They're strangers to them".

They're not strangers to me, they're my close friends and I have a lot of love for them.

My mother told me that my grandmother feels sad that I don't hug her but she has her other grandchildren who can do all the hugging for me.

I don't like the idea of touching almost all humans. (Cats are fine, I'll happily touch any cat and let any cat touch me! <3)

My uncle told me that he wants to hug me which I don't understand because of how he acted when my cousin was crying...

I also shake the hand of one of my best friends' mother because I have a lot of respect for her as she's my best friend's mother. My father wants to shake my hand which I don't understand, it's pointless to me and it's far too much touching...

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly normal, don't worry.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.