The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Well, just hatched a relatively useless Pokémon again from a 10k egg. Onix...
I HOPEFULLY have enough candy for a Steelix (currently sitting on 64 Onix candy) but from what I've seen, Steelix is hardly going to be THAT helpful...
Looks like pokémon go hype is dead now :sigh: hardly see anyone play anymore even I stop playing lol :erm:
Original post by mr T 999
Looks like pokémon go hype is dead now :sigh: hardly see anyone play anymore even I stop playing lol :erm:

The hype is dead because it's been available for 5+ months now, everybody is used to it. It still has 20million users per day in the US alone and is earning $2 million per day in revenue. It's by no means dead :tongue:.

I am excited for Dec 12th though. The recent update added gen2 sounds in to the game, so people are pretty confident it's going to be a gen 2 announcement. I'm really hoping they announce legendaries though.
Urm could do with some help regarding evolving Eevees once you have one of each pokemon.
So if you name your Eevee to sparky or pyro it evolves to etc. etc.
BUT I have already got a Flareon and a Jolteon so when I name the eevee and evolve it it goes to a Vaporeon . So how do I evolve more Flareons /Jolteons? Do I have to rename the Pyro and Sparky's before then having another Pyro/Sparky to get it to go to a non-Vaporeon ?
I've got 3 Vaporeons now :banghead:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Urm could do with some help regarding evolving Eevees once you have one of each pokemon.
So if you name your Eevee to sparky or pyro it evolves to etc. etc.
BUT I have already got a Flareon and a Jolteon so when I name the eevee and evolve it it goes to a Vaporeon . So how do I evolve more Flareons /Jolteons? Do I have to rename the Pyro and Sparky's before then having another Pyro/Sparky to get it to go to a non-Vaporeon ?
I've got 3 Vaporeons now :banghead:

I think the name thing only works once and then it stops working. =l

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
I think the name thing only works once and then it stops working. =l

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? So how do I get another Flareon?
Really? So how do I get another Flareon?

Luck?
I seem to get a lot of Flareons and Jolteons personally. =l
Luck?
I seem to get a lot of Flareons and Jolteons personally. =l

So you just evolve an Eevee without a name and with luck it evolves into whatever it wants...
Great
So you just evolve an Eevee without a name and with luck it evolves into whatever it wants...
Great

Think of it this way. A couple of days ago I evolved my first EVER Vaporeon with Hydro Pump as its charged move and I've been playing the game since August...

So, could be worse...
Think of it this way. A couple of days ago I evolved my first EVER Vaporeon with Hydro Pump as its charged move and I've been playing the game since August...

So, could be worse...

Ruddy 10km egg weedle tho
Well it's the 12th in four hours not long to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on the country it is being announced in. If it is in the US, the announcement won't be out until sometime like 8-9pm...

If in Japan, possibly late morning... =l
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

Niantic is based on the West coast of the US though, so it will probably be announced at the same time as the Starbucks announcement (10am PST). Basically another 20 hours to go :tongue:.
Original post by tomtjl
Niantic is based on the West coast of the US though, so it will probably be announced at the same time as the Starbucks announcement (10am PST). Basically another 20 hours to go :tongue:.

Well nothing's gone live so i think it's just an announcement of what and when whatever it is will happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Well nothing's gone live so i think it's just an announcement of what and when whatever it is will happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again, it wouldn't go live until midnight PST anyways.

Personally I think it's simply a 12 days of Christmas event, with maybe some information relating to legendaries or gen 2. Releasing gen 2 now would be foolish imo.
Original post by tomtjl
Again, it wouldn't go live until midnight PST anyways.

Personally I think it's simply a 12 days of Christmas event, with maybe some information relating to legendaries or gen 2. Releasing gen 2 now would be foolish imo.

Events have always gone live midnight gmt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Events have always gone live midnight gmt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Fair enough, I take it back then.

If it was a 12 days of Christmas event then it would start tomorrow (13th) in order to finish on the 24th, so that's what I'm hoping is the case. 12 days with 12 different events on? Unsure what they would do for 12 different events, might be best to just have 6 days of 2x candy and 6 days of 2x exp (hopefully 2x Stardust the entire time because I need that **** :tongue:).

If they did an event like that then people would be getting crazy amounts of exp! My main concern is that I'm going home for Christmas and I live up North so it's going to be cold as **** and probably icy as crap too, making it pretty difficult to play :/. Plus I live fairly rurally so there are less Pokemon/stops/gyms anyways.
Original post by tomtjl
Really? Fair enough, I take it back then.

If it was a 12 days of Christmas event then it would start tomorrow (13th) in order to finish on the 24th, so that's what I'm hoping is the case. 12 days with 12 different events on? Unsure what they would do for 12 different events, might be best to just have 6 days of 2x candy and 6 days of 2x exp (hopefully 2x Stardust the entire time because I need that **** :tongue:).

If they did an event like that then people would be getting crazy amounts of exp! My main concern is that I'm going home for Christmas and I live up North so it's going to be cold as **** and probably icy as crap too, making it pretty difficult to play :/. Plus I live fairly rurally so there are less Pokemon/stops/gyms anyways.

Yea I suppose that does work as an event.

I wish they would just hurry up and tell us :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well.

That was crap

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest